+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 5 ft and have birthed two babies naturally, one 7 and one 8 pounder. I was never told my height could possibly be an issue.
    Last edited by bugsy; 25-09-2012 at 14:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont understand what heught gas to do witb anything. Im only 5"0 and have delivered both of my babies naturally. It nakes no sense!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is not the first time I've heard of a short woman being told she 'needed' to have a c-section purely because of her height.

A short friend of mine was told this by her Ob, and has 3 children all delivered by c-section. I don't think she questioned it and just trusted that the Ob must have known what he was talking about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would go with what you want. Take in all the info and choose. Natural birth is hard but a wonderful experience and even though you do have a bit of recovery after for one of my births I tore badly, I'm sure the CS would be harder after physically. My sister had two planned CS and would never consider any other way. It's your choice here but don't let your confidence in your body and it's ability be knocked. There are many country's / cultures who have very small women and they he no issue . I would really take a bit of thinking time and make a choice based on my own research . What ever you decide good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Height alone does not determine a thing. Same as how thin or fat you are. Combined with other issues it might impact your ability to birth naturally, but height alone is an absurd reason to suggest a caesarean.

If natural is what you'd like, I'd be switching OBs. There's no reason to be with a care provider who has a preference one way or the other if that preference is not your own.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I am only 155cm, and I know two women smaller than me who have had vaginal births, and also cs. There is so many variables, size of bub, the ability to dilate, position of bub, so many things that can all impact on the method of birth. If you feel comfortable with your ob and you do feel he is willing to support you with whatever choice, then dont change. I have always known that the height of the woman, can be an influence in birthing, but there is no regulation height sort of thing. marie.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As the middy that did my ante natal classes said, the only way to know if a woman can deliver vaginally is to try. If you want to try for a natural birth, do it. Sounds like you are going to have a hospital birth with an ob so you will be well placed to have a cs, if needed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (25-09-2012)