+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Age gap between bubs!

Just wondering what you think are good age gaps between bubs and why...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    There are pros and cons to every age gap so i think it comes down to what you think will work best with your family.
    I have a 21 month age gap between my 2 and this has worked out really well for me. I like it because when DD2 was born DD1 was old enough to be able to entertain herself somewhat but still young enough that she was quite accepting of the new baby (no jealously), she was also sleeping through the night which helped.
    I liked that the gap was smaller because caring for a baby was still somewhat fresh in my mind rather than having a huge gap and being used to being out of that baby/toddler zone only to be thrown back in it iykwim?
    I like that my two are close in age and so enjoy playing similar games/toys and have similar interests.
    There are disadvantages, of course, but for me it worked out really nicely and i'm glad i have the smaller gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister is five years older than me and I think it's too big a gap. We didn't play together much (from the time I remember, I mean). I was always jealous of my friends who had a sibling close in age. I'd like to have a smallish gap - 1-2 years ideally, though it took 18 months to conceive this one so who knows how it will go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think as a pp said all depends on what works for your family. There are definitely pros and cons for each.
    We have a 7yr gap I always thought it would be more like 4 but ah well lol.
    Although things are working out better then we ever expected!
    I never wanted to have 2 babies at the same time, but that's just me, you really need to think what will work for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have big and little gaps (18, 13, 11, 9, 4 and 4mths) there great things about both. I don't think there is such a thing as the perfect gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a 22mth gap between the girls. Its good and yet also tiring. We TT our eldest at 18mths so at least im not changing 2 sets of nappies. But she still wakes overnight for cuddles. This is easily solved by co sleeping though. I wanted a smaller age gap so its works here. We are planning a 24-28 mth gap for the next one as we wont be trying again till late next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think you can see it from the children's POV and yours as the parent... and so the two answers can be quite different. Also depends on a number of personal factors...

For me, I wanted to give DD a sibling when she was about 4. She's 7 and I haven't given her one yet... but I still believe that would have been a good age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 18 months between my 2 and it has been hard for me- and i have good sleepers and eaters. The youngest is now 14 months and walking so I can see the light at e end of the tunnel.

I subconsciously wanted a small gap because growing up my siblings were 6 years+ older than me. But if I go back for a third, I definitely will try until eldest is at school and youngest is at kinder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3.5 years between my two and it was great for us. I get easily overwhelmed and had horrific pnd after my 1st, so it was not an option to have kids close together. By 3.5 my daughter was pretty self sufficient, and I had already returned to work, got my career on track and was ready to face the newborn stage again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    I have 3.5 years between my two and it was great for us. I get easily overwhelmed and had horrific pnd afTter my 1st, so it was not an option to have kids close together. By 3.5 my daughter was pretty self sufficient, and I had already returned to work, got my career on track and was ready to face the newborn stage again!
    This; although we tried really hard to get pregnant sooner. It just didn't work out that way. Now we'll have a 3.5 yr gap and DS will go to kindy next year so won't have 2kids 24/7. Its the right gap for me, not sure i really could've coped with a closer gap.