+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So terribly sad, I hope he spends the rest of his life rotting in a jail cell!! Thank heavens at least they have found her and the family isn't left wondering for years. Please people be careful, don't take the risks like you used to be able to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What drives one human to inflict terror and violence and ultimately extinguish the life of another innocent human being is unfathomable we can only hope she didn't suffer long and that the sicko never sees the light of day again! In cases like this a lot of people start talking about capital punishment but why hand him the easy way out? Let him suffer, let him live to a ripe old age and rot in a dank dark hole somewhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sad to hear, but glad the police were able to find her and make an arrest so quickly especially since it was such a random attack. It made me think of all the times I've walked the 7km+ home from the pub let alone 500m. Made me nervous to walk to my car after work last night.

Just a reminder to watch what you say on social media especially public and popular forums like bubhub, twitter, and the facebook pages. Since this case has had a large amount of media coverage (similar to Daniel Morcombe, Alison Baden-Clay) it is possible that all those 'judging the accused' (such as saying he deserves to die, hope he rots away etc) could be found in contempt of the court (For publication of material likely to jeopardize a fair trial). This could mean its possible for defense lawyers to argue that it's not a fair trial due to prejudice from social media etc (those on the jury taking outside comments into their decision not just evidence presenred in court) and this man could be found not guilty even if he is which would horrible.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 28-09-2012 at 08:27.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My tears have not stopped for Jill. The terror that she must have endured makes me sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is so sickening and distressing. I don't know how to process this. So random and horrific. I can't begin to imagine the devastation for her loved ones. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How absolutely heart breaking.

My thoughts are with her family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I feel sad for all involved and everyone that has been hit hard by this. Some people say what a waste of life. I disagree. Her life had not been wasted. She made an impact on a lot of people. Her life was definitely cut short unnecessarily for sure but not wasted. I believe there is a positive in her death if it means that just one person uses her experience as warning that there are bad people out there. I honestly believe her death was not in vain. People will take more care and people will not die a as result. She had already saved a life. I don't know whose. But someone would have taken that ride home with a friend or caught a taxi instead of walking.. The only life that had been wasted is that of the killer. He could have lived a way more productive life than the one he chose. Yes the killer deserves to rot. He did an evil thing. But I will not remember people that are killed in murders/accidents etc as those whose lives were wasted. I like to learn from them and use their experiences as warnings to take more care. That way in my opinion their lives were not wasted in any way at all.

This is in no way intended for any one on here at all. It its my heart felt honest opinion at the way I choose to deal with these sort of

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (28-09-2012),Gold  (28-09-2012),Rutabaga  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I, like so many others, have been very distressed about her disappearance, and now the news that she is dead.

I have been wondering though, about our reaction to this .... such a terrible story, for sure, but there is so much horror in the world. So many didn't know her, yet her facebook page has an outpouring of enormous grief from these people.

Why has it effected you so much, do you think?
    I know I was up all night, watching for more news of her disappearance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post

I know I was up all night, watching for more news of her disappearance.
    Personally, I think so many people are drawn to this case (myself included) is because it's almost as if it was straight out of csi or a movie. Young pretty girl, walking home alone after a night out, creepy guy in a hoody, dark alley, vanishes into thin air.. It's almost exactly the storyline of alot of movies.

It's the stuff of every woman's worst nightmare that's for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post

I think because it could have been me or anyone of us. It wasnt like a story from the U.S. or overseas somewhere. It was about a women walking home from the pub at night which I am sure most of us have done and something terrible happened.

I think thats why it has affected me. It was such a normal thing to do and a tragic thing happened.