+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very sad, what is our country coming to when you can't walk home from the 'pub' in a nice neighborhood safely

My thoughts are with her family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This kind of thing is terrifying to me. That in this day and age a woman can just vanish like that in a busy area. I do worry for my daughter, although statistically that is probably irrational, I just wish people had the freedom to walk safely wherever, whenever.
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 25-09-2012 at 13:08.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Missing ABC employee...

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This story has really shaken me up. I live near there, i go to those bars all the time. I have mutual acquantainces with Jill, she runs in the same circles as a few of my brother's friends. It could have been me, or any one of my friends.
    Not sure if you saw the news this morning fearless leader but they are asking for all women in and around the area to be on high alert as there have been a number of attempted abductions in the last couple of months they have just learned so keep safe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This story is so upsetting. Oh how I hope for her to be suddenly found alive and safe. My thoughts are with her distraught family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    It is very sad. It reminds me of our (W.A.) claremont girls that went missing almost 15 years ago. That was unsolved (even though a couple of their bodies were found) even though I did not know them or their family it still shakes me to the core even today. The fact that someone can go missing in a busy area yet no one saw anything.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This story has really shaken me up. I live near there, i go to those bars all the time. I have mutual acquantainces with Jill, she runs in the same circles as a few of my brother's friends. It could have been me, or any one of my friends.
    This is what's so terrifying about it for me too It's so close to home. I hang around there all the time. I walk alone around there all the time. I can't stop thinking about Jill. Can't stop thinking about what her family and friends are going through. I hope she's safe and sound somewhere.

Before this I'd never heard of the abduction attempts that had been happening around there a lot, had anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems like someone she knows. Her handbag was planted or only found, a few days later in an area the police had already searched?...

It usually does end up being someone the person knows especially in a busy area!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was a conversation this morning, and one of my friends said she thought they said on the news that she was also seen in the area at 3am....did anyone else hear that?

I thought the last she was seen was around 1.30am. I saw her mum on the news too, and just felt so sad for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormmum View Post
    This is what's so terrifying about it for me too It's so close to home. I hang around there all the time. I walk alone around there all the time. I can't stop thinking about Jill. Can't stop thinking about what her family and friends are going through. I hope she's safe and sound somewhere.

Before this I'd never heard of the abduction attempts that had been happening around there a lot, had anyone else?
    On abc news Facebook page says how other women have experienced near misses in the area.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes, i did hear the warnings. We have moved our regular Wednesday dinner from my friend's place to mine this week because i don't actually live in Brunswick, and there is plenty of parking right outside my place.

I'm taking the near miss reports with a grain of salt, though- i think in these situations there are some terrible attention seekers around, and also general hysteria. Two of the women allegedly (I haven't seen the FB page) had people follow/watch them from cars, and one had a hearsay story of her cousin (?? I think) who someone tried to drag into a car. I heard on the radio this morning that none of these situations was reported to police, surely if someone tried to drag you into a car you'd tell the police about it?