Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rb, has being a mummy sunk in yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear everyone got here safely.
    And we'll be joined by some new mums shortly in 7 or so months.

How's everyone travelling?

Haydos---Have bub been released from the splinting yet?

AFM---Just a little update, Aloise is 7 months now, we're doing great! She's such a bundle of joy, she's a happy baby most of the time, eats well, sleeps well. Can't complain except she's so heavy, I'm so sore every night I have to apply heat rub on my shoulder and back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    I'm still reading a couple of times a week when I get a spare minute or two.
    So pleased that Starf1sh is UTD since she started the LTIVFWW thread and was then last to graduate from it after it seemed to give good luck to everyone else who posted in it.

OMG twins are difficult. I thought I was coping OK and told my mum she could move back to her home. Well that day seems as though it must have coincided with when bubs stopped being sleepy prems and started being real babies. The wheels fell off in less than 12 hours, and my mum is still living with us now at 12 weeks (today). Thankfully she only lives a few minutes away, so it was no trouble calling her back in.
    I'm also dealing with being upset that breastfeeding didn't work out. My milk didn't come in properly. I never got early engorgement like you're supposed to (and I was expecting that to be the easiest part of TTC and raising kids, and it didn't work), and that's not a good sign for breastfeeding success. My milk really only started to appear 2 weeks after bubs were born (after we'd come home), and with pumping and medications we've been able to drag supply up to about 400 mL a day (but I need at least 1.2 L). I know pumping doesn't necessarily indicate how much milk babies can access, but the week they were exclusively on the breast they failed to gain weight (and it was too stressful for me since their feeding intervals were getting shorter and shorter since they were starving, and they were more unsettled due to hunger too), and Edwina wasn't yet 3 kg so we had to abandon that experiment and now she won't latch to boob properly. Stuart still gets some comfort-boob time, but I'm now staring at the decision to stop expressing and to go completely formula-fed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    felicita---Hugs mate. I know how stressful "failing" to breastfeed can feel. I had a whole lot of difficulties as well, I've seen the lactation consultants 5 times in the first 6 weeks, Aloise had problem latching and caused lots of nipple trauma and I was really sick of expressing, using the shield, helping latch on and off, relatching etc. and I had bad vasospasms as well. Many times I thought of giving up, it didn't settle till she was about 8 weeks old. I was having to comb-feed with EBM, supplemented with formula and struggled with breastfeeding with my still sore hands from bilateral carpal tunnel and de quervains tendonitis on one side. Anyhow, I surprise myself that I'm still breastfeeding her at 7 months! However what I really want to say is you've tried your best. At the end of the day, when you look back years later, it really doesn't matter if they're breastfed or formula fed, as long as they're thriving and healthy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

felicita  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Warrior Women-Mummy's at Last!

Felicita - I can only imagine how tough twins would be! Charlotte's doing well now but we had issues with the harness and feeding issues up until a few weeks ago and that was hard enough with one baby. I've got friends with twins and they really struggled early on. I know they joined a twins support group which they found helpful.

We had the opposite issue to you, I had an oversupply, which doesn't sound like an issue, but the let down was so fast that she would come off screaming frequently and had reflux-like symptoms for weeks, it was horrible and I was considering going to formula rather than put her through that. I've also had some latching issues but fortunately it all seems to have settled down now (13 weeks today).
    It's upsetting that you can't exclusively nurse if that's what you wanted to do but Frostysmum's right, the main thing is that they're healthy, whether that's breastmilk or formula.
    Hopefully with age the twins get a bit easier!!! It sounds like you're doing an amazing job as a Mum despite the challenges.

Frostysmum - yes the splint came off a few weeks ago and everything looks great - yay!!!!
    Wow 7 months already! Sounds like you had lots of feeding issues too. I'm ok now finally but even a couple of weeks ago I had a blood blister as I wasn't paying enough attention and she slipped off and started munching. That wasn't fun!
    Our biggest drama was the witching hour which we discovered was due to lack if sleep. We thought she was getting enough but then she would have a massive meltdown each night for hours. We now make sure she gets 14 or so hours a day and she's a million times better. Until she starts teething of course!
    What's new with Aloise? x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Haydos1979 For This Useful Post:

felicita  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas to everyone, such an exciting Christmas this year - we are Mummy's at last! xxx Wishing you all a safe and Happy New Year with your bundles of joy xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (25-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas to you all from James and I xx

star, so glad all went well with the nt scan

have a great day all xx
    especially for all the other first time mummy's!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (25-12-2012),Starf1sh  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas to all the first time mummies and babies!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (25-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas 1st time Mummies -- enjoy every moment knowing we have the best present of all right here in our arms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas everyone.