+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls

how is everyone doing?

James is giving the most beautiful smiles at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls -- coping just atm -- Thomas is cluster feeding and doesn't seem to sleep more than 1/2 an hour or so during the day before wanting to feed again, and then at night only sleeps a couple of hours -- I am exhausted but the ittle man is just heartbreakingly adorable. We too, are getting wonderful smiles, and the occasional giggle in between the gripeyness.

Hope everyone else is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cjm, you poor thing! How exhausting! It's lucky they are cute so we will love them so much that we'd do ANYTHING for them!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Warrior Women-Mummy's at Last!

Hi, have finally gotten around to joining this thread, it's hard to find the time with a newborn!

Frostysmum - how are you and baby Aloise going? Wow solids already, scary! Every time Charlotte does something new or hits a milestone I'm happy but also thinking, no, slow down, you can't be that big already! I waited so long for her, I'm not ready for her to grow up yet. I think I'd be quite happy for her to be a baby for a few years
    Infacol - I've never heard of it. I've complained to doctors about her gas pains and they've said nothing can be done..

Marzi - We struggle with sleep during the Witching hour (hours really), but once that's passed we get some solid sleep for the rest of the night with a feed in between. Lately she's been more alert during the day, staring at ceiling fans etc for ages, which makes for an overtired baby in the evenings but once she finally settles we still get 2 decent sleeps by morning. And I usually get 4-6 hours in total.
    We're trying not to give a bottle unless we have to as I have an oversupply/fast flow that I'm trying to slow down and I think expressing as well brings in a bit much milk, but if we have a night where she's being really fussy and flat out refuses to feed properly (doesn't like being shot in the mouth by really fast milk flow for some reason!), then 100mls will be a lifesaver to get her to sleep.
    We get lots of gas pain and pain from too many bowel movements, most likely due to my oversupply (more foremilk), it's not fun to see her so upset.

Fionaalice - haha, I just read your comments about not wanting them to grow up either

Felicita - Congratulations!! How are your beautiful bubs going?

Lilybaby - glad to hear Ethan is going well, and those sleeps sound great!

Cjm1 - hows it all going?

Charlie has been eating all day today, so tired and despite my oversupply she seems constantly hungry, I think it must be another growth spurt. Soooooo so tired..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos, great to hear from you.
    i hear you on the not much time thing! James fell asleep while playing under his arches...I just tiptoed in and removed all the hanging toys that were in reach so he won't wake up from the noise.
    infacol is available from chemist or some supermarkets. I know Coles has it in the baby section. Small yellow box with blue writing. Give direct into mouth while Breastfeeding or in bottle.

Cjm, oh no. Cluster feeding is hard work! Maybe it's a growth spurt? I hope it settles down to a more manageable schedul for you soon!
    Yes they are Deffinatly cute for a reason huh?! Tried to put James down for a sleep the other day.....didn't work...he was giving me the most amazing smiles, as if to compensate for the failed sleep attempt!

James is now officially in size 00!! How did he get this big?? He is about double his birth weight now.

We went to Darwin for 4 nights. 34° and humid. I even got to watch a storm.
    James got to pat a baby croc, he was very exited. We took him in the pool every day. Looks like I have to get a paddling pool for him, he loved it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I'm excited to join this thread! Our beautiful daughter arrived just over a week ago and judging by your posts in this thread I have lots to look forward to (and lots to learn!!!). I'm still a bit overwhelmed by it all. The breastfeeding started well, and when she feels like it she's a good little feeder, but she's been quite sleepy for the past 24 hours or so and I'm getting a bit blocked up. I'm hoping it doesn't develop into mastitis.

I'm glad to hear all the bubs are doing well.

**** Roll Call ****
    Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born at 24+4 weeks 570g

Frostymum --- Aloise 30/4/12 born at 38 weeks 7lb 2oz

Fionaalice --- Indy 5/7/12 born at 41+4 weeks 4kg/8lb 13oz

Marzi --- James 1/8/12 born at 38+3 weeks 3.72kg/7lb 2oz

Haydos --- Charlotte 7/9/12 born at ?? weeks 3.82kg/8lb 3oz

felicita --- Stuart and Edwina 14/9/12 born at 35+4 weeks 2.48kg/5lb 7.5oz and 1.96kg/4lb 5oz

rb29 --- Emily 23/10/12 born at 37+2 weeks 2.67kg/5lb 14oz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats and welcome to the graduates thread RB

Thanks
    Reviews
    **** Roll Call ****
    Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born at 24+4 weeks 570g

Frostymum --- Aloise 30/4/12 born at 38 weeks 7lb 2oz

Fionaalice --- Indy 5/7/12 born at 41+4 weeks 4kg/8lb 13oz

Marzi --- James 1/8/12 born at 38+3 weeks 3.72kg/7lb 2oz

Haydos --- Charlotte 7/9/12 born at ?? weeks 3.82kg/8lb 3oz

felicita --- Stuart and Edwina 14/9/12 born at 35+4 weeks 2.48kg/5lb 7.5oz and 1.96kg/4lb 5oz

cjm1 -- Thomas
    -- 14/9/12 -- born at 41wks -- 3390g/7lb7oz

rb29 --- Emily 23/10/12 born at 37+2 weeks 2.67kg/5lb 14oz

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Warrior Women-Mummy's at Last!

Marzi - yes we're pretty much out of the 000s now which I find sad for some reason! I think I waited so long for her that I want her to be a baby for at least a couple of years :P

Rb29 - congratulations!! How's everything going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicity, how ere you coping with the twins?
    Last edited by Marzi; 05-12-2012 at 14:01. Reason: Typo