+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Felicita---How did I miss your birth announcement? CONGRATULATIONS . How are the little ones? Are you all home yet? Edwina is little isn't she? Did they spend long in SCU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone , I cant remember the last time I came onto BH. Congratulations to all of the new Mummy's, it is such an amazing feeling to be a Mummy as I'm sure you all agree

Felicita - Congratulations on your twins , I hope you are all doing well.

Ethan is doing really well now and is growing so fast. He is 28w3d or 13 weeks corrected and weighed 5.33kgs on Tuesday at his last check up. He talks non-stop now and we get lots of laughs and smiles which is so wonderful. He sleeps really well at night, (hope I dont jinx myself) normally goes to bed anywhere from 7-8:30 and sleeps for blocks which range from 5-7 hours at a time (depends how hungry he is). Day sleeps were great initially then we had about 6 weeks when he would only sleep in our arms but in the last week or 2 hes been getting better at day sleeps again, I think as he gets older and is more active with playtime he gets tired enough to "want" to sleep through the day in his own bed - yay!

I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone and their bubbas are going. I'll try to visit BH more often so I can keep in touch, I promise I'll do personals next time.

Take care ladies & bubbas xxxx
    Last edited by lilybaby; 29-09-2012 at 21:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicity, huge congratulations on the birth of your beautiful babies!

How great is it being a mummy. How are your little ones doing? Are you home from hospital?

Lily, wow what long sleeps! I'm having trouble settling James at night. He only drops to night sleep mode at 11:30 after fussing for 3 hours or so. He wakes at about 3:30 then @ 5 or 6am.

Hope you all are well and your bubbas are being little angels for you and sleeping well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Finally had a chance to join in this group! Bubba takes up sooooo much time but i wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Marzi -- thanks for starting the thread! Ikwym re the night sleeps -- my little one just does not want to sleep for long at all and nothing seems top settle him except falling asleep on the boob but as soon as you lay him down -- bright eyed again!

Fiona Alice -- my little man is also smiling ... and frowning. We will put the cot in our room till the little one is 6mths -- i can't bare the thought of him being alone in his own room even if it is just a few steps down the hall.

Frosty -- wow 5 months it must seem so incredible still to have your little one in your arms at last!

Congrats Felicita -- same birthdate as my bubba !

Glad to hear Ethan is doing well Lilybaby !! It must be such a relief !!

Thanks to every one from the previous thread for the info on breastfeeding cookies etc --- hubbie made me a big batch and they are yummy. My milk supply is improving even though the little one is insatiable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilybaby --- Ethan 14/3/12 born at 24+4 weeks 570g

Frostymum --- Aloise 30/4/12 born at 38 weeks 7lb 2oz

Fionaalice --- Indy 5/7/12 born at 41+4 weeks 4kg/8lb 13oz

Marzi --- James 1/8/12 born at 38+3 weeks 3.72kg/7lb 2oz

Haydos --- Charlotte 7/9/12 born at ?? weeks 3.82kg/8lb 3oz

felicita --- Stuart and Edwina 14/9/12 born at 35+4 weeks 2.48kg/5lb 7.5oz and 1.96kg/4lb 5oz

cjm1 -- Thomas -- 14/9/2012 -- 41+1 weeks 3.390kg/7lb7oz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi, Ethan went through a faze when he was about 6 weeks old for 2 or so weeks where he would be awake from the 4 o'clock feed until 11:30/midnight! As much as I loved holding him it got so exhausting because he would catnap on me but cry as soon as I put him to bed. Those weeks were really rough, I couldnt do anything (including eat) but it didnt last thank goodness and he is a great sleeper now. How is James going (apart from partying all night)?

Cjm1 - congratulations on the birth of Thomas. It is such a wonderful time, they are so precious when they smile and frown, I love their facial expressions. Ethan sleeps in our room too and we'll keep him with us at least until Christmas, maybe longer. He'll be 9 months or 6 months corrected by then but I dont know if I'll be ready to let him move to his room. I love having him close to us and so does DP.

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily, I've even gone as far as putting my wheat heat bag in his bassinett to heat it for his night sleep. It's so he doesn't wake as soon as I put him in bed....warm arms to cold sheets doesn't go down well. Obviously I remove it before popping him in. At least that way I get a break!
    He gets bad gas pain as well. It really upsets my when he is in pain. He can be really hard to burp....like now, I've been trying to get a burp up for 20 min!!
    other than that, he is doing really well. Putting on weight and learning more every day. We love to do the tounge game and when he is hungry, he has a mouth expression, he also understands that when I make that expression, he gets milk and he stares at my boob!

Cjm, they are the best time wasters in the world huh?! I seem to be feeding all the time!! DH is interstate ATM. So I've got my mum here to help around the house. She has been great, even changing most of the daytime nappies.
    Thomas was high on my short list of names, congratulations Hun! Welcome to motherhood! Hardest job, no pay, no sleep etc...totally worth it!!

Ah. The smiles!! Random smiles in his sleep also. And the bottom lip pokeing out! You can just watch all day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi, the best thing for wind is Rhubarb & soda mixt from Women's & Children's hospital but you'll need a prescription for it. It's the only thing that would help Ethan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used Infacol with success. Aloise was bad with wind in the first 6 weeks, she practically cried every time she passes wind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been using infacol also, good resultsI'll keep that prescription in mind if it gets really bad. Thanks Lily xx