+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I work part-time and use child care for those days. I fit in chores whenever I can. Is it a hard job working, raising kids and running a household? You bet!

But I think it's impossible to compare who has rights to use care. Some sahm have lots of young children, some sahm need to have their children interacting with other kids for development, some sahm home school and need younger kids looked after, some sahm have high needs children and need a break, some sahm don't cope full stop.

If I couldn't get a spot for child care at the various centers around me, I would have to resign from work. I wouldn't be mad at people who took my spot, I would be mad that there were not enough centers.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkPink For This Useful Post:

babyla  (24-09-2012),Baracuda  (24-09-2012),Clarabelle  (24-09-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (24-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (24-09-2012),nelle7250  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let's not single the mums out - lets say working parents!

So with the priority system...do working parents get priority over single parents?
    Last edited by Baracuda; 24-09-2012 at 21:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Tbh i honest unless you told them they wouldnt know. Its a breach of privacy otherwise.
    Well yes, but it's not hard to suss out who's a working mum and who's not...

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

So with the priority system...do working parents get priority over single parents?
    Ive never heard of that. First in best dressed seems to be the norm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pretty sure they do barracuda if the single parent does not work. If it was a single working parent they would get priority over partnered working parents.Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though!But again that is just wait lists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

My bad- as I was about to hit send it did cross my mind that I should have said working parents and stay at home parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    My bad- as I was about to hit send it did cross my mind that I should have said working parents and stay at home parent.
    Its kewl just speaking generally.... I just get super annoyed that dads get left out of these types of discussions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes one day a week for DD so I can do paperwork/finances for our business. Or sometimes just to put my feet up during this pregnancy. Don't feel guilt at all. She absolutely loves it and asks to go all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, my sister is a fdc er.Ds started going 1 day a week at 8months old when i split from his father so i could mow my lawn .Daycares are required to prioritize working parents / special ir high needs childrens parents then studying parents then non working parents.However once you have the spot it's to bad so sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I dont care what a persons reason for putting their kid in child care (or before/after school care) is. Its there to be used. There are enough day care centres to go around. If you need some time for whatever reason, get that time. Simple.
    There are enough daycare centers to go around? Where do you live? Where I live you're looking at wait lists of 18 months to get a spot. Sure there are good reasons for non working parents to use daycare... But I'd be darned frustrated if as a working mum I couldn't get a spot while a SAHM had 2+ days per weeks purely to 'get things done.'