+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default kids in daycare so you can get things done

Have you ever done this? Sometimes I think how much more organised my house would be if I had a few hours of uninterrupted time.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nah I've used it so I can have time with hubby though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely. Why not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmmm, ok. Just wondered how many people use daycare regularly for this reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have DD (3) in 2x a week as she is very spirited and its easier to clean the house and go to appointments without her sometimes.Having said that she is a VERY social little girl and gets a lot of benefit out of it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do use daycare so i can get all the things i need to done, but also do alot of admin/paperwork for my husband's business... so i'm pretty busy really. It's a mix-up of housework, admin, phone calls for the business, chasing quotes and so on.

I'd love to have a totally free day of doing nothing at all however!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love daycare. For my 1st 2 they were in from 6 months. my 3rd (and last i put off for awile until 12 months). Theres many reasons for it too, to get the home cleaned/organised, i try to put all my appointments on the day the 3 kids are at school/daycare, yes they do get sick but meh boosts their immune system, unlike babysitters/nanna/grannies who are unpredictable when taking the kids i can be sure they are going on this day every week so i get that time to myself and of course they go to be social and learn things. never had i felt bad about my choice they never were clingy (helped when they went to school too) and atm my dd 17months doesnt even wave or kiss me goodbye (so i really feel the love lol) she loves going to play with new toys and new faces

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Currently the 2 days DS is in daycare I work. But it's school holidays now so I'm not working those 2 days - he is still going to daycare though
    If I was not working I think I would use occasional care and would not hesitate to put him in a half day a week or whatever I felt was beneficial for both DS and myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son goes 3 days a week... I don't work (only on weekends) so I guess I'm in this category. Reason I put him in was because he's an only child and we don't have many friends to play with, nor any cousins.
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 24-09-2012 at 14:45.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I never did when I was at home full time- the money would have been too much for us to afford.

And from the other side of the fence now- coming from the position I am in where I have two weeks to get my boys into some form of care after our carer had to stop for family reasons... there are NO spots available around me, anywhere. Absolutely nothing. I am on the verge of quitting my beloved career for 16 months until my boys start school- that's how bad things are. So if I was to learn that spots were being taken because someone wanted to get a few jobs done.. I would be really upset.

Now, this is not a judgement on anyone who does it. I can completely understand the need for 'me' time, even if it's to clean the house and pay the bills without children under foot. I just wold like to think that so long as it's not putting someone in the position that I am in, then it's all ok.

Sorry- this is a sensitive subject for me today (and I'm hormonal, damn PMS so everything is cutting to the core.)

Carry on!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (25-09-2012)