+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Love it!Tonight's project is the pantry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love it! DP keeps everything, total junk...i love a good clean out, can't stand useless stuff around the house or filling up storage space

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate doing it but feel so much better once its done. Plus I'm terrible about throwing things out, i have to shuffle and organise them to death until I'm sure there isn't a use for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I LOVE IT. Hubby is a terrible hoarder though, still mad at me for throwing out his old stinky holey socks after I bought him all new pairs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love it!! I love getting rid of things. MIL is really annoying me by decluttering her house and giving it all to my DD who at the ripe old age of 4.5 is already an avid hoarder .

The only thing that gets me is that I love getting rid of things so much that I wonder if I might regret anything, or if my children will be upset that I have kept nothing. I do scrapbooking and love photos. So I feel like if they want to remember/see anything, it is all there. (I don't need a baby jumper from when i was a 1year old that smells like moth balls to remember how small I was thank you mum)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Torture! My remedy is to stop buying so much junk in the first place.... Still working on that one though lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    The only thing that gets me is that I love getting rid of things so much that I wonder if I might regret anything, or if my children will be upset that I have kept nothing. I do scrapbooking and love photos. So I feel like if they want to remember/see anything, it is all there. (I don't need a baby jumper from when i was a 1year old that smells like moth balls to remember how small I was thank you mum)
    Lol yes! I don't keep anything! (except funny thing is, I currently have 5 years of baby, child clothes waiting in the spare room for our garage sale) I kept one Formula Tin and the only baby stuff I'm keeping MUST fit inside that tin (first romper, wristband from hospital, first toothbrush etc etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    I love it!! I love getting rid of things. MIL is really annoying me by decluttering her house and giving it all to my DD who at the ripe old age of 4.5 is already an avid hoarder .
    Oh I hate it so much when people give their junk to DD. We have enough junk thank you very much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in two minds, I find it really hard to throw things out, I am a hoarder so I find it hard. But afterwards I feel refreshed and energised!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The actual process of decluttering - finding the time/energy/space to organise is torture. Being decluttered - fantastic! (I think, cause I'm just starting to declutter).

I was working too hard, then sick & pregnant and then a mum of a newborn, but now we want to sell our house in 6 months or so, so some SERIOUS decluttering is in order and I'm slowly working on it.