+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default gardening, mulching whilst pregnant

let me start with saying i don't do gardening. ever. Never have, everyone who knows me knows its something i'll do anything to avoid.
    I'm 32 wks and i want to get our garden weeded, pruned and mulched in readiness for the baby coming and enjoying the summer ahead relaxing with our children in the backyard and looking at a nicely kept garden.
    I;ve weeded and pruned the back garden bed, wearing gloves to avoid the cat poo. DH has sprayed vinegar on the weeds in the pavers and the lawnmower guy sprayed the lawn with something friendly enough.
    But, Mulch? can i help DH with spreading some mulch around to keep the weeds away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done everything I'd usually do gardening-wise.
    Personally, I'd just say make sure you do what you can to avoid breathing in any dust etc. Obviously it depends what you're mulching with, but keep it moist if you can. If it really worries you, you can always wear a mask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I mulched ours last week, just wore long clothes, gloves and a dust mask for protection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 36 weeks and love gardening but havent been doing so as I dont feel up to it. But this morning I went out, the weather was good, I weeded a little with DS' help, watered a bit, sprayed the garden furniture a bit and did some work with our goldfish. I would say gardening is fine. As for potting mixes and mulches, it is good to be careful esp if they are dry. I cant remember what I have read but it is about some bacteria that can affect pregnancy found esp in dry mixes/mulches. So it is advisable to wear a reliable masks if you do come into contact with them.