+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TMI thrush, home remedy and reliefe

as the title suggests I have a bad case of vaginal thrush, this morning I woke up to a horrid itch, I had work all day today so I asked hubby if he could go to the the chemist and get me a thrush treatment today, he completely forgot, all chemists and shops are closed so I'm at home with the worst case of thrush I have ever had.
    the itch is driving my crazy, (TMI) but its all over my anus and outer lips of my vagina
    what on earth can I use for some relief until the morning when I can get to a chemist?

Ive had a look around the house and i have some organic plain pot set yoghurt, I have an aloe vera plant that i can get the gel from, and curash nappy balm.
    I know the yoghurt is suppose to be good but what do I do with it? just smear it all over the "area" and leave it overnight? wash it off?

additional info~ I had a lap and insertion of mirena done 5 weeks ago and ended up getting a nasty infection in my uterus.
    I have been on 2 different types of very strong antibiotics for 4 weeks now and I still have another 2 weeks to go, my gyane told me I would get thrush at some point due to the antibiotics, I really should have bought a treatment for when this hit
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 22-09-2012 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    With the natural yoghurt you just smear it all over or use a pad or tampon smothered in it.
    A bath with some tea tree oil is meant to help as well if you have any?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A spoonful on a pad is bliss!!

I did this just the other day lol.

I have never put it on a tampon though, and considering your recent procedure, perhaps just stick with a pad for now.

You keep it on for however long. You can reapply on a new pad if you need that relief again.

For me, I put a spoonful in the pad (it was a little too much though, so had to wipe some away lol.. you will work it out), and wore it for 3 or 4 hours.. Can't remember exact time.

You should find it settles pretty quickly.. If it doesn't, just reapply an hour later or so..

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    The AB's are what has given you the thrush, it's extremely common especially after 2 courses as it ruins the good bacteria down there.

As harvest said, put some yoghurt on a tampon and insert it and smear it around lol it really does work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank-You, Ill give the yoghurt a go

I do have some tea-tree oil, only problem is during the lap i had diathermy done to my cervix for caner cells and with the infection i can't bath until I'm all healed and the infection is gone.
    I could mix a few drops in some water and use a cotton ball to pat on the affected areas maybe?

ugh all these gyane issues have really knocked me around lately, I'm looking forward to when I'm all healed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Thank-You, Ill give the yoghurt a go

I do have some tea-tree oil, only problem is during the lap i had diathermy done to my cervix for caner cells and with the infection i can't bath until I'm all healed and the infection is gone.
    I could mix a few drops in some water and use a cotton ball to pat on the affected areas maybe?

ugh all these gyane issues have really knocked me around lately, I'm looking forward to when I'm all healed.

Try yoghurt on a pad first.

Do not insert anything in your vagina, if you have been told not to take baths..

Also, eat some yoghurt too.. It will help rebalance all the enzymes in your gut, helping combat the thrush.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    also garlic works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    also garlic works
    Do you mean eating it? Or on your gina??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    oh I didn't realise you have surgery to your cervix. Strike the tampon and just use some on a pad and smear it around.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (22-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsImpatient View Post
    Try yoghurt on a pad first.

Do not insert anything in your vagina, if you have been told not to take baths..

Also, eat some yoghurt too.. It will help rebalance all the enzymes in your gut, helping combat the thrush.
    I was told not to use tampons for 12weeks, I did put the yoghurt on the pad, it feels a little strange lol but i got instant relief tmi sorry, ill just keep doing this until the morning

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (22-09-2012)