+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gift ideas for 2 year old visiting from Scotland

My cousin & her son are coming to visit over Christmas, during this time her son will also be here for his 2nd birthday. I can not give my nieces & nephews presants for Xmas and leave him out however I know that they have to pack what is bought to take home on the plane. Does anyone have any ideas what I could buy him, not only for Xmas but for his birthday also. I know it's months away but having a 2 year old DD & a 4 month old DD getting to the shops is difficult at the best of times rather than battling the shops closer to Xmas.

Tia for any suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe an Australian animal hand puppet (less bulky than a soft toy) or Steve Parish books? On that theme - maybe an iconic Aussie book like Wombat Stew or Possum Magic? You could 'bulk it up" with an Aussie flag beach ball (that can be deflated and packed) or something if you're worried about it looking small compared to everyone else's presents.

We've travelled a lot and usually allow room for shopping and/or presents. The main 'advice' is nothing too heavy, too large or fragile (you do not want extra things that must be taken as hand luggage when travelling with a lil one).

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would go with some great Australian picture books in paperback (a bit lighter to carry)- Chris Mckimmie, Alison Lester, Tohby Riddle, Graeme Base, Pamela Allen and of course Mem Fox's where is the green sheep. I think it's sad that there are 2 year olds the world over who don't know about the Green Sheep!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I think it's sad that there are 2 year olds the world over who don't know about the Green Sheep!
    That was the first book I ever read to DD.

I was going to suggest that if you are going to the beach here, maybe a couple of sand play toys that will be his very own and they are light and you can pack things in them to take back home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there - Kmart had some awesome Austrliania books for sale at a reasonable price in the kids section. They are soft not hard cover and roughly A4 portrait size one title was called "Captain Kangaroo and the Great Air Race" or something about a Kangaroo pilot they had a few others too.... I bought some for my cousin in England her new little girl and sent two over - with, as with someone else mentioned a Kookaburra hand puppet that made the laughing noise of a Kooka. I purchased that from Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary's shop if you are on the Gold Coast and it was only 10 dollars.... there is some good stuff out there.. SG!