+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    Sorry if I misinterprepted your post as well. It read to me as 'if you go to hospital its taking a step towards intervention' which I didnt think was necessarily true at all.
    How is that not true? Is that not a reason for birthing in hospital, because interventions happen there if they are needed?

You don't get many episiotomies, epidurals, forceps, vaccum assistance or caesareans in your loungeroom at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would rather have an increased risk of intervention and birth in a hospital where I feel safe knowing there is medical help available if needed. What if the baby needs intubating or resusing in the lounge room, or the mother needs a emergency caesar? It could be too late before the ambulance even arrives. In saying that I'm sure the atmosphere would be a lot nicer at home, I would consider a birth centre if there was one close to us. Both hospital and home birth have there pros and cons, I think it's just up to the individual on what they feel comfortable with.

Similar Threads

1. Hospital birth records, can we see them?
    By moochymoo in forum Birth Trauma Support
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 14:53
  2. Were you able to give birth off a hospital bed?
    By pink ribbon in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 18:24
  3. What hospital should I choose for the birth? (VIC)
    By Tanzanite in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 13:07