+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't go pregnant or not. I have been to Bali before and I got sick for 8 months after with a horrid tummy bug.When I was there I was very careful what I ate (did tonnes of research before going) and only drank bottled water. I was even careful not to let shower water go in my mouth. My uncle recently went for his wedding and caught a horrid bug so bad over there that he was in hospital for months and it damaged his heart that he needed a heart transplant. Thankfully he is now out of hospy and making a good recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lived there for the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy...be sensible and you should be absolutely fine! Obviously stick to bottled water. In Ubud nearly every restaurant is fully catered to tourists so eat at the bigger places and you should be ok! Most Bali belly comes from not washing hands properly so be diligent with that, take some hand sanitiser. I was worried about the health care when I first fell pregnant but found it was actually excellent, I got better care there during my pregnancy than here! The Balinese really respect & cherish pregnancy, tell any of hem you are pregnant and watch them tell you to take care ... Especially the men.
    If you had any concerns there contact Kim Patra she is an Aussie midwife over there who is great and if necessary could refer you to a doctor, which are way cheaper than here so don't stress too much on your medical insurance ... But obviously have insurance anyway.
    Kim is in Kuta (not the busy bit) here is a link to contact details

http://www.chcbali.com/contact-us/

Go ... Have a fantastic time...babies are beautiful but your holidays won't be the same so enjoy this last one in the sun! If you are there during rainy season take care ... Tiles can get slippery.

(Avoid massages though while pregnant just to be safe unless they specifically do pregnancy massage - prana spa do and it's lovely)

ENJOY ... So jealous ....
    Last edited by fionaalice; 22-09-2012 at 11:18.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (23-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for all the advice! Really helpful and a few extra tips I hadn't thought of.

I'm pretty sure we will go. Thanks for the link too.