+ Reply to Thread

Default Implantation bleeding or beginning of my period?

Hi, Ladies. I'm new here, so please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong sub-forum.

I had intercourse earlier this month (7th) which was during my "fertile window". However, I am on the Implanon (since March 2011) a condom was also used and my partner did not ejaculate inside of me. However, I cannot be sure if a small amount of pre-ejaculate got on the tip of the condom prior to penetration.

I have also since had intercourse probably two or three times since, also always with double protection (implanon & condom, although there has been an ejaculation while penetrated during one of these times)

According to an app I have on my phone, I was due to ovulate on the 10th with my next period to begin on the 24th. Well, now it is the 21st and I woke up this morning with a scant amount of blood. I had been feeling a bit crampy and my skin has broken out a little, too. I have (very scantily) been bleeding on and off today. I cannot be entirely sure how accurate this app is as I have only just started using it, and due to the implanon, my periods have become quite irregular, so thus it is difficult to keep track of my proper cycle.

What are the chances of this being an implantation bleeding, or just my period arriving a few days early? I am aware implantation bleeding generally occurs 6-12 days post ovulation, and well, today would be the eleventh..

I'm only 20 years old, and not wanting a child, hence the contraception.
    Last edited by pbarnesy; 21-09-2012 at 17:59.

Gold Coast
    I doubt very much that you are pregnant if you had protective sex. Just relax and wait a few more days. If it still hasn't come., then you can think about seeing a gp as there could be other reasons for your period not arriving but right now I would very much doubt that you are pregnant.