+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dbl post

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can understand midwives/nurses with clean hands and mil/gmils etc with clean hands... But strangers???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also, in the guidelines for using breastfeeding as a contraceptive, bub is not allowed to suckle on dummies or anythng else. Therefore if bub is given fingers to suck that is breaking the rules and breasteeding cannot be relied upon for contraception anymore.

Or, if Mum is having difficulty establishing supply, the stronger suck from a bub that doesn't use dummies is reccommended.

----------

I'm just saying there may be other reasons why the parents wouldn't want someone to do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ermmm no I don't anyone doing that to my newborn ESP when they have been in my germ-free womb for 40 weeks and then to have someone stick his/her finger into his mouth when he's that young. Building immunity is one thing but not so young. Why take the risk?

And obviously hygiene is what I am thinking...what if the person has used the toilet and not washed his hands or open the door knob which has yukky stuff on it etc etc...if he/she has a quick wash of hands I would be ok.

Having said this I saw the paeditrician, the one who wrote the happiest baby on the block stuck his finger into crying babes' mouths on you tube...I am not a germ phobic but I don't quite like it. If I am going to stick my nipple into my bubs mouth, I would also make sure I am at least clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Never would I be okay with it. Gross and unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yuck! Just reading it freaks me out!!! It's just so wrong I would never do that to someone else's baby!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's never happened to me! I'm not sure how I'd react if it did...I sure wouldn't so it to someone else's baby without asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only had this happen to me once - but it was a mate of DH's mate, a heavy smoker who smelt like he hadn't showered in a few days. If it had been a sweet old lady smelling of palmolive and lavender I wouldn't have nearly and been like this !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I assume the worst about everyone else's hygiene practices so that would just FREAK ME OUT. My default position is that everyone probably has their fingers up their bum before I see them, so I'd be extra grossed out if they stuck their grubby finger into my baby's mouth.Don't get me wrong - I know the importance of building immunity in children but there are certain standards of hygiene we need to maintain as a society in order to prevent epidemics etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Some random did it to katelyn yesterday on the bus.I love my 6 month old has two massive chompers. They freaking hurt too! Served random lady right. Lol..