+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Angry Get your finger out of my newborns mouth!!!

Seriously, what is it with people sticking their fingers uninvited in someone else's baby's mouth??

Has this happened to other people? A friend or relative is holding a baby, baby fusses a bit and they stick their finger in to quieten it.

Hello?? GERMS people??!!! People even did this when they visited us in hospital and she was only a day or two old.

GGRRRR

OK, Vent over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Never had anyone do it to any of my kids. Petty stupid thing to do but probably they do it without even thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A friend of my parents always asked people to stick their fingers in their newborns mouth. He was some sort of germ scientist and his take was it was a great way to build up bubs immunity. wouldn't really bother me too much. Germs aren't a bad thing. It's important that kids develop immunity.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (22-09-2012),Niki24  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd probably have to restrain myself from slapping them lol, i think thats disgusting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (21-09-2012)

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A few people did it with my girls, never bothered me as I figure germs are good to build immunity! Unless the person was filthy in which case I probably wouldn't want them holding my baby at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A nurse did it when I had my daughter a few weeks ago, but she put a glove on her hand first. I was in the hospital and didn't have a dummy with me so the nurse was helping calm down DD one night.

I think that the people who are doing it with your baby are trying to be helpful, but seriously, yuck... I'd definitely say something straight away if someone did it to my DD.. I'd straight up say, "Don't do that, please- she/he has a very weak immune system". Duh. I can't believe some people need to be told that. ugh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't get me wrong, I get the whole building immunity thing and I agree with it with older babies/kids. I'm far from a germaphobe.

But those first few weeks I'm more cautious.

Sorry, but it freaks me out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too get the whole germ immunity thing but if any fingers are going in my babies mouth it would be mine or my husband and no one else!! Thankfully no ones ever done it to mine that I've seen anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heaps of people did it to my DD when she was a newborn. It didn't bother me though because anyone holding her at that age had been already made to wash their hands

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No need to be sorry Gizmo! It's your babies so your rules apply. Maybe just say something kindly. I would have done until coming on here and seeing how many people dont like it.