+ Reply to Thread

Default Pregnant and single?

I was seeing someone for a few months and got pregnant despite my age (41) and after two attempts at IVF (alone) plus fibriods which I was told are the reason I cant get pregnant. Hmmm well that wasnt quite true now was it???

Anyhow I am now 15 weeks and he has left... not sure if he will come back - he says he isnt ready for life long commitment and is confused. So I guess its just me now.

Looking for some buddies and support - anyone will do :-) but also anyone in adelaide??

Launceston, Tasmania
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs babycc and welcome to the roller coaster!!!

I was told I would never have children and was 33 when I totally unexpectedly found myself pregnant, he walked away, but then I didn't really expect anything else lol and I've been doing it on my own ever since.

My second DD was planned using donor sperm, she is now almost 11 weeks old my donor has become a friend, not sure what the future holds for us but a girl can never have too many friends lol

My babies are the best thing I've ever done and although there have been times when I wished I wasn't alone I have no regrets I will be 37 next month and am even considering baby no 3 with the help of my fabulous donor.

Best of luck with your journey and a huge congratulations!!! Looking forward to being a friend a reading about your journey

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there - my story is kind of similar, but probably a tad worse which hopefully will make you feel better.

I'm 35 and married, have a 13mth old DS and am 17wks pregnant - not planned and a huge shock. DS was with the help of IVF, never thought we could conceive naturally and most definitely weren't trying yet. We werent emotionally or financially ready for another bub, but I refused to terminate. Thing have gone downhill from there....

Long story short - yesterday DH left us. I'm absolutely guttered, feel so alone and can't believe he would desert me or DS at a time like this. I have no idea if I'll even be able to keep our house, let alone how I will put food on table in 4mtgs when I stop work. I don't qualify for PPL because I fall pregnant too quickly before returning to work.

So I'm here for you, whenever you want to chat. I need support too as I can't tell my family yet what's happened, in case he changes his mind. They would never forgive him for leaving a pregnant wife. I'm not even sure I could

Stay strong for the sake of your bub - being a mother is a wonderful and fulfilling experience. It's just going to be tough on your own for your 1st, so I hope you have a good famiy around you hun. Hugs.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    to all of you ladies.

Pesca I just want to give you a huge. This must be amazingly hard and although I have not been in the same situation (and I know that I would do as you are) I would at least tell your mum and dad so you can have some support. Just stress that you don't want them to be angry (yet) or judge him, you just need their support and so does he as he processes this. If they love you, I think they would try to this for you both. He must feel very overwhelmed to have left and if it is out of character, get support from your family so you don't feel alone and he can concetrate on working out his feelings.

I would be super cross with him that him thinking leaving is the best answer but some people need to be on their own to work stuff out. It's not productive or a good way to communicate I know.

hello , i know you posted this a while ago but my heart tugged at what i read, are things better for you now ? Sometimes when we hit rock bottom it can only go up right. x