+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default maternity bra

when did you start wearing a maternity bra??? i have just read that you shouldnt be wearing underwire asap....

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD1 i started at the end of the first trimester. Am 20 weeks now & still wear an underwire most days, bits its not very comfortable. Ive read you should wear maternity bras to prevent mastitis even whilst your still pregnant. Not sure how true it is though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started wearing the occasional maternity bra around the 10 week mark because I outgrew my other ones and figured I may as well by maternity ones. I have now started wearing them full time (24 weeks) as NONE of the other ones fit me anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i only just started wearing mine (23 weeks) but if they had fit me it would have been way earlier.
    my ob said as soon as it gets uncomfortable or painful when you take it off, you should switch to wire free or flexi wire bras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB was ok with me wearing any bra, as long as it was properly fitted, and recommended i not get maternity bras to soon as boobs tend to grow, as mine have! I've found some soft wire maternity bras which are very comfortable though that I'm going to need to start wearing, I've gone from a 14FF to a 16GG already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leah Maree - where have you found bras? I am a dd/e normally and already ballooning to f/g at 11 weeks. I am struggling to find my cup size

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindi81 View Post
    Leah Maree - where have you found bras? I am a dd/e normally and already ballooning to f/g at 11 weeks. I am struggling to find my cup size
    Bindi, I am a j cup now and get my bras online at blest bras

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (22-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boobs are far too heavy to not be supported by a wire, they hurt. I went from a dd to a g from weeks 5-7, now at week 17 im almost out of the g. I always get properly fitted, the underwire doesn't intrude on the breast at all, it fits entirely in the cup so no concern. OB is happy for me to stay in underwire until birth n then switch to flexi wire, as long as I am prepared to keep buying good quality well fitting bras. (which I don't really have a choice, no one makes cheap 8G bras)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindi81 View Post
    I go to a store called cheeky curves in Adelaide, they specialize in bigger cups.