It seems to be taking us FOREVER to get everyone going in the morning at the moment. I am always the last one dressed and to eat breakfast because it's always such a drama to get my 3yo to brush her teeth and hair, sit down long enough to eat a proper breakfast (she wants to play or watch TV instead) and get dressed. DH does his best but it's hard because ATM DD is clinging to me and doesn't want daddy's help with any 'serious' parenting (mind you, she begs him to play with her, though).
How do you get your toddler going in the morning? I'm after any tips to make the transition smoother! This is the best I can come up with ATM:
- lay her clothes out the night before
- maybe get her dressed as soon as she wakes up, and before she heads downstairs
- say "No TV/games until you've eaten your breakfast" (but I don't like the idea of associating food with blackmail...)
- maybe say, "We can watch TV/play games AFTER we're all dressed and our teeth are brushed etc"
- maybe put a healthy snack next to her bed to give her some energy as soon as she wakes up (?)
Getting her to eat enough at breakfast time is a problem at the moment. I know she's hungry because about 15mins AFTER DH and I have finished our breakfast, she's begging for something to eat, and she won't touch the rest of her uneaten Weetbix! Grr!!
All tips VERY gratefully received!