+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for a friend in Armadale/Kelmscott and surrounding areas!

Hi all,
    I'm a 28 year old first time Mum to a beautiful 5 month old girl. I am also step-mum to a 4 year old boy. We moved to Kelmscott before she was born from Scarborough because it was cheap and we needed the extra room! I'm fairly new to the Perth area because I moved from Melbourne 18 months ago. I have no family in Perth and barely any friends (and all the friends I do have live NOR). I've been going ok for quite some time but recently been feeling a bit lonely and I am in need of some friends who perhaps not only have children themselves, but want to talk about something else other than babies! I like sport and music and enjoy all things cultural and I need to get out of my house!

I'm not sure whether Kelmscott falls into Southern suburbs or Eastern/Hills area, so I'll post in both forums, but I would be happy to travel to Thornlie, Gosnells, Southern River, Byford.

I have felt a bit out of place in mothers group because most of the mums with me are older. I'd like to meet people about the same age for coffee or movies or a gym or walking buddy would be great!

I'm lots of fun, promise.

Reply and we'll take it from there!

Ruth
    Last edited by ruthgallagher; 21-09-2012 at 00:28.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ruthgallagher For This Useful Post:

jezikas  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ruth!

I know what you mean about feeling out of sorts in mothers groups. I do too! I was just telling my husband that I didn't fit anywhere... Lol

Anyway, I'm in Byford with 2 boys aged 1 and 3. And definitely need friends... Sad I know lol. But you know what I mean.

If you're keen for a coffee date or something of the sort, let us know

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misslatoosha For This Useful Post:

jezikas  (17-05-2015),ruthgallagher  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same, but at my mothers group everyone was so much younger (18-20) than me. I am in Hilbert, between Armadale and Byford if you are keen to catch up for coffee.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanna1980 For This Useful Post:

ruthgallagher  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi I'm not a mother yet, we are about to start TTC I just wanted to say good luck :-)
    I moved to this area from QLD just over 2 years ago and I was quite lonely for some time. It does get easier though! I know a lot of armadale is made up of young mums, but don't fear there are plenty of older mummies out there too
    :-D

soon to be joining the TTC bandwagon ❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! For sure, sounds like we're kinda in the same boat. Definitely like to try coffee if you're still keen. I'll PM you and we'll go from there R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, I have never actually commented on this site, but after 10months I finally feel it mite be time to step out of my comfort zone and meet some lovely new people! I was trying to search for mothers groups around the area and came across this thread. I'm 28 and a first time mum to a gorgeous 10 month old baby girl. I am currently located in Armadale but will hopefully be building in Byford shortly. Have just applied for finance today! Even if its just online chatting I'd be up for it lol. Hope to talk to you all soon ciao

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SOR mummy

hey, I'm 28 and just moved to byford after living more than a decade in woodvale. I have 2 kids, 4yo boy and 8yo girl and currently expecting my third who is due in 10 weeks. I currently work full time but will start my maternity leave soon and I'm really looking forwards to meeting some new people in this are as I'm very lonely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, I'm in byford too with a 13mo dd. We have a pretty hectic schedule but if the time suits, we would love to catch up too

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bunny084 your child health nurse mite suggest the mothers group at Armadale Hospital, i think it runs ever 6 or 12 weeks! I wish i did join that now as could have met some parents with baby's around the same age as my bubba. Unfortunately my little girl has her first real cold, which is more of a cough now. So we're not heading out much at the moment.. Feel like I have cabin fever lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We went along to the new mothers group for our 5wk 'stint' and I have made the most amazing mummy friends. We can't believe how far everyone has come since first meeting up almost a year ago!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app