+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bed transition

How old was your DD/DS when you transitioned them from a cot to a toddler bed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was 18 months. I wouldnt have done it if I dont have another one due soon. I felt at the time that he could still stay in there for a while. But once I put him in the toddler bed, he wasnt doing too bad. And he seems to sleep better now without the bars around him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I cant remember how old ds1 was but ds2 was 12 months when he went straight in a double bed with his brother. Ds3 is 16 months and is content in his cot no plan for another bub so he can stay in there as long as he wants. I have never had a toddler bed with any of the boys kinda think they are a waste of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS went into his own queen size bed at 18 months. He sleeps much better in there than he did in the cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd was about 20 months I think. First took the cot side off but couldn't get a small rail for it so she rolled out a couple of times! So we got a single bed, and she loved it straight away

Thanks
    Reviews
    16 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was about 16 months & went straight into a queen bed. We never had any problem with the transition into his big boy room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advice is to hold off as long as possiable, we did it at 18 months with DS1 and regretted it, they then can get up when ever they want. DS2 is nearly 2 and we still won't put him in a bed for another 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd was 22 months. Changed rooms and went intO a single bed with no dramas. She has only ever gotten up and left her room once in over 2 months! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    We changed our cot into a toddler bed when DD was about 16 months old as she started climbing out of it! We just took the side off and added a safety rail so she couldnt fall out but could get into and out of bed by herself. We soon after added a baby gate to her bedroom door as well, because for the first while she started hopping out of bed and wandering the house at night.

Now at nearly 2.5 we are looking at moving her to a proper single bed as she is refusing to sleep in her cot/toddler bed and has started sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Not sure if this is just a phase but figure she might as well go to a proper "big girl" bed and see if that helps.