Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mods are accountable just as members are. All posts are reportable and if there's a real issue which isn't sorted among us, veve or then even Hilary can decide appropriate action.

I personally think there'd be issues no matter whether we post as ourselves or not. Previously there's been posts where people have said mods are out of touch so we post a bit more. Now its being suggested we mod anonymously which I think would have people feeling like there's no accountability.

I don't know some days it doesn't matter what you do. Bottom line is report a post if you have an issue, that way its seen by all the mods, yes mods posts get reported at times, not sure if any mods posts were reported yesterday though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *sneaks in*

I haven't really responded at all to the discussion about the removal of the app, but one thing I have noticed is that there has been an awful lot of focus on the statements made by the mod/s about it, and an awful lot of apologizing for said statements by the mod/s.

What there has been a conspicuous lack of, however, is apologies from the members who posted accusations that BH was removing the app for various monetary-related reasons.

I just think that it should work both ways.

I dont think it's fair that the mods need to continually apologise for what they said in the heat of the moment, but the members who publicly accused, and fundamentally defamed, bubhub (both here and on facebook) don't have anything to apologise for?

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about people who just expressed their disappointment that the app was gone - I'm talking about the people who wrote the nasty, accusatory posts.

*sneaks back out*

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

DQ  (21-09-2012),MissMuppet  (21-09-2012),Mod-Myztik  (21-09-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (21-09-2012),MrJones&Me  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I understand the mods are often in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation pegasus. I guess people are just giving feedback on how we think the rift can be fixed. Personally having a seperate mod account to their own wouldn't make it any less accountable than it is now. If mods are fair, then they are going to give infractions to those that deserve it, regardless of who they are. I just think having a seperate account would allow the mods to speak more freely, and counter to that, members won't think they are just sticking to company line bc they don't know they are even mods. Likewise, mods being hassled to post more wouldn't be an issue as no one knows who they are.

It's just a suggestion but I think it's a good one

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

babyla  (21-09-2012),BlissedOut  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    *sneaks in*

I haven't really responded at all to the discussion about the removal of the app, but one thing I have noticed is that there has been an awful lot of focus on the statements made by the mod/s about it, and an awful lot of apologizing for said statements by the mod/s.

What there has been a conspicuous lack of, however, is apologies from the members who posted accusations that BH was removing the app for various monetary-related reasons.

I just think that it should work both ways.

I dont think it's fair that the mods need to continually apologise for what they said in the heat of the moment, but the members who publicly accused, and fundamentally defamed, bubhub (both here and on facebook) don't have anything to apologise for?

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about people who just expressed their disappointment that the app was gone - I'm talking about the people who wrote the nasty, accusatory posts.

*sneaks back out*
    Hey Shoopuf

I think it's because different people are involved.

I think I've been the most repetitive/ going on about Pegasus's comments (in this thread), but I haven't said anything about conspiracy theories or been rude about the disappearance of the app. (Disappointed, but not rude).

So that's probably why!

Not trying to rehash what has already been rehashed lots of times in this thread. But just explaining that it may be because different people are commenting on different things.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pegasus, I am confused by your claim about you not being sure if any mod's posts were reported yesterday. i was under the impression that all mods saw all reported posts and a group decision was made. I reported your post yesterday. Right after I reported it, the post I made in the thread saying I wasn't well pleased with what you said, got deleted. I dont know how you could have not known that that post had been reported, as clearly there were mods online making decisions on that thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Absolutely you have to behave well when people can see you work for a certain place. You're representing them when people can indentify you as a member of their team... it's inappropriate to see childcare workers smoking outside with their uniform on, to see a person in their ANZ uniform swearing into their phone as they walk to the train station, to see any person in a work uniform behaving inappropriately in public.

I'm not even an employee, but am a student who wears a uniform, and we are not to do certain things, even long after classes have finished, if we're wearing our uniform. It is not really great to represent a beauty college while you're puffing a fag outside the cafe across the road, for example.

Image is very important, and you don't want unprofessional, impolite or disgusting behaviour being associated with your business. Nobody is going to respect your business or take it seriously if they're seeing your employees behave poorly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and since it's clear mods are being discussed, I think perhaps it would be a lot better if there were specific "mod" accounts. I can understand the difficulty of expressing your opinion as yourself when you're also in a position of power on the forum. It can also be hard for people to treat you fairly, because by the nature of your role, you're not on the same playing field as the rest of the members... you have "powers," and pull that we do not, and it can breed anger where there otherwise might not be any.

I only run a small FB group (about 350 members), and even then I find it difficult to act in a official capacity when the situation calls for it... when I am mostly just wanting to be an active part of the group, not some b*tch who calls the shots.

While some members may be able to figure out who "Mod #1" is under their regular username, most of us will be oblivious and I think it would probably make mod's lives (as active forum members, with their own opinions) a lot easier.

ETA - I just realised this has been addressed by an Admin, but in all honesty, I still think it might prove to be more useful. Anger would still be directed at mods... but perhaps at the special mod members, not so much their "average member," counterparts.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 21-09-2012 at 19:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The app thing is pretty irrelevant to me but...

I get that Mods are people, but I do view them as representative of BH and if they offend the users then they should genuinely apologise.

If I was to go into Vinny's and the volunteer was rude/offended me/was discriminatory, I would walk out of the store and not give them my service. They would lose my patronage. I don't really view BH any differently...

I use another forum and they had anon moderators who the same generic account so that when the mods were not moderating, they could be partaking in debates and conversation and have down time where they were not representing the brand. Maybe Bubhub should consider putting on more moderators and having a system like this, so their brand can be represented, and so the mods can have more casual relationship with people on the forum.

ETA: Many time on this forum I have read that just because you (generic you) don't see/fee a problem/offence, if someone else does, it is real to them. In this case it seems people are offended by the words of a mod and also feel that their feelings a continually being dismissed- IMO this is a bigger issue that the lack of app or the original comment. I wonder how fast this issue would have been resolved if there had of been more information and empathy provided in the first place.
    Last edited by Luna Lovegood; 21-09-2012 at 19:14.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (22-09-2012),mummabec  (21-09-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As this has become so personal I am stepping away.

I did apologise for the fact that what I intended as a break the ice comment and not directed at anyone personally was taken badly.

In saying that I'll say that we don't moderate threads we personally participate in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I get that Mods are people, but I do view them as representative of BH and if they offend the users then they should genuinely apologise..
    Pegasus has apologised, many times over

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I use another forum and they had anon moderators who the same generic account so that when the mods were not moderating, they could be partaking in debates and conversation and have down time where they were not representing the brand. Maybe Bubhub should consider putting on more moderators and having a system like this, so their brand can be represented, and so the mods can have more casual relationship with people on the forum...

This may not be at all what you mean, or it might be, but I take this to read, that blue members will be more inclined to have a forum relationship with a member, if they don't know they are a mod? So in essence, if you are a mod, the other members do not want to have a forum relationship with you??

The two separate account thing isn't a good idea in my opinion. I post honestly, from the heart, with either the intent of offering genuine advice or tips if asked, genuine sympathy or empathy if needed, and with a genuine interest in knowing more about a subject or why another member feels they way they do in regards to debatable topics. I would not enjoy my time here if I had to start new relationships with people I already knew, so as not to "out" myself

I'm sorry that some of you feel you cannot form friendships with us, or not trust us etc, it really does sadden me. I have met some of the most amazing people on Bub Hub in my 6 years here, some I consider family, and some who have been there for me more than my own family.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (21-09-2012)