Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In the vein of the thread I'm thinking it will be frowned upon that I posted.

But is the thought then that U should just read, not comment, and edit posts if someone is talking about someone else in a not so nice manner?

I have commented in here as there have been comments in this thread obviously directed at me. I do conduct myself in a professional way at work, or when helping at ny childrens school or when buying things at a shop. I am purposely not a member of any fb groups and monitor very closely what I post on my personal page.

As we all well know, once you put something out there, whether you remove it or not, its there forever.

My comment yesterday was not malicious towards anyone and I truly am sorry if anyone felt hurt by it. However my comment did come from a personal perspective as I have a lot higher priorities at the moment than whether an app is available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pegasus, ideally you never would've had your ID go pink, admin would've just approached you privately and set you up with an anonymous account to moderate with.

I had a very good friend moderate a website I frequented, I had no idea until the website closed and I'm glad I didn't or I may have felt persecuted against (dramatic - lol) by my friend. She's glad she was anonymously a mod as she could say how she really felt without the risk of it reflecting on the company and moderated without upsetting her friends or being arbitrary.

... and yeah people do try to work out who the mods are, but no one ever guessed my friend over a 7 year period. It was always a fun game though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Baracuda  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pegasus - As I said (above) I agree with you that mods shouldn't have a different identity.

I just think that your comment yesterday wasn't one I would expect from a mod, as it seemed a bit rude. People were explaining why they were upset about the app going, and it very much came across as 'meh' from you. You said that you didn't use the app, and used the words 'first world problem' - which seemed to belittle how people were feeling about it.

People had already been saying that they felt BH's handling of the app disappearing wasn't great, and that it came across as BH not listening to users, and then when you said 'first world problem', to me that confirmed that the 'official' BH line was 'we don't care/ what you're saying is trivial'.

I know that not everything you post can be taken in the context of an official BH line, but if you're a mod and you're posting ABOUT BH changes, then I think it's important to be a bit more careful with your words.

It made me feel a bit nasty. Like BH was giving two fingers to its users.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (21-09-2012),mummabec  (21-09-2012),Witwicky  (21-09-2012)

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not directed to you at all London. Another poster paraphrased a statement I made (which I won't repeat as it will then become an issue again) in response to some of the reaction to removal of the app.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post

But is the thought then that U should just read, not comment, and edit posts if someone is talking about someone else in a not so nice manner?

I have commented in here as there have been comments in this thread obviously directed at me. I do conduct myself in a professional way at work, or when helping at ny childrens school or when buying things at a shop. I am purposely not a member of any fb groups and monitor very closely what I post on my personal page.

As we all well know, once you put something out there, whether you remove it or not, its there forever.

My comment yesterday was not malicious towards anyone and I truly am sorry if anyone felt hurt by it. However my comment did come from a personal perspective as I have a lot higher priorities at the moment than whether an app is available.
    No, but I think you can word things better than you did in that instance.

And yes, I get that you have higher priorities, but when I see 'administrator' underneath your name, I think you're an official BH person. So then it comes across as BH has higher priorities than customer satisfaction.

If (at work) I said to a client 'I have higher priorities than you' or 'your problem is a first world problem' or 'I don't care' - then they would have a right to be upset.

I've always seen BH as a business. I mean, technically, it is isn't it? Surely BH doesn't want to be thought of as an unprofessional business??

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Baracuda  (21-09-2012),BlissedOut  (21-09-2012),Witwicky  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girl x, no, I have never used the app, however in saying that, I've never had a problem with the skin.

While bubhub is obviously a huge chunk of my life, my bigger chunk will always bey children and family and paid job,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the thread but my take on the OP is - you get to have your own opinion on everything but company policy. So you can have an opinion on the weather, the footy grand final etc but you don't get an opinion on what company policy - you are there to represent that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do hope I act in a mature and professional manner when posting on here, in hindsight I obviously shouldn't have said what I did, but I found it very difficult to sit back and watch people jump to amazing conclusions regarding money making, advertising etc. The owner came on herself to refute such claims and people continued to ignore what was being said.

We've had the debate many times on here as to whether internet is necessity or luxury. The fact remains that in third world countries there isn't even consideration given to that debate. That's where my comment sprung from not from trying to belittle members personal thoughts.

Problems with computers is a first world problem and that's a fact

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for a Govt Dept and we have fairly strict policies surrounding conduct.... But on the other side, I'm always having to defend the Dept I work for and can totally understand where the Mods would have been coming from.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

While bubhub is obviously a huge chunk of my life, my bigger chunk will always bey children and family and paid job,
    I imagine that is true for all of us?? I don't think anyone had said that BH was their life!

I do hope I act in a mature and professional manner when posting on here, in hindsight I obviously shouldn't have said what I did, but I found it very difficult to sit back and watch people jump to amazing conclusions regarding money making, advertising etc. The owner came on herself to refute such claims and people continued to ignore what was being said.

We've had the debate many times on here as to whether internet is necessity or luxury. The fact remains that in third world countries there isn't even consideration given to that debate. That's where my comment sprung from not from trying to belittle members personal thoughts.

Problems with computers is a first world problem and that's a fact
    If you believe that you shouldn't have said that, then fair enough. We all say things that we later regret, and I don't intend to bash you (or anyone else) over the head with it.

But I'm sorry, 'first world problem' - yes that's a fact. But you know that's not the context in which that line is used, and I don't think it was the context in which you used it yourself.

To say it's a fact (that internet problems are a first world problem) doesn't really make sense, when this whole forum is pretty much dedicated to first world problems! You could post that in most threads, if you were just posting it as a fact.

I totally get that you were frustrated with some of the replies, and I get it if you said something out of frustration that you later think would have been best unsaid. We're all human. But it (the comment) was brushing people off. It wasn't just used as a neutral statement of fact.

Anyway, will leave it there as I think we'll go round in circles otherwise.

I think it just came at a bad time. People weren't feeling the love from BH, and then your comment seemed like a brush-off from a BH rep. That's all.