Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    I have to admit im a bit of a dangerous driver dinner too. Probably not so much dangerous driving as throwing rubbish or cigarette butts out of vehicle windows. Or tailgating.I hate being tailgated and if you're stupid enough to do it in your branded work vehicle then you've got it coming!
    I emailed a business on the weekend after their van tail gated us For 2klms in an 80 zone, in my mums tiny car with no real boot and my babies in the back It was really quite scary. If mum had to tap the break for any reason that van would have been hitting my babies and no way would they have been able to stop in time.I havent heard back though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that when in uniform you are representing your company. Most companies also have social media policies, that require employees to not do anything to bring the company into ill repute - e.g., posting unprofessional things on your personal Facebook page that could be relevant to your workplace.

Regarding the mod example - I do think that mods should act in a way that is consistent with how they moderate. So I don't think it's appropriate for a mod to post offensive/ insulting remarks, as it kind of raises the question 'well, who can I report this to?'

I think that mods DO represent BH. Sure, they are entitled to their own opinions, but I think they should be careful to express them in a polite and respectful manner.

When a mod says 'meh first world problem' when someone complains about a change to BH, it reads to me that the official BH line is 'meh first world problem', and makes me feel that BH as an entity doesn't care what its users want or think.

When a mod comments on BH itself then it reads like a BH 'official' opinion. I think mods do have a responsibility to BH to act in a way that doesn't reflect badly on it.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (21-09-2012),Ishtyban  (21-09-2012),mummabec  (21-09-2012),trishalishous  (21-09-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For me, yes you do represent your company when you are wearing their uniform.

When I was younger, I didnt get this concept and would zoom around in my beefy car, blaring my music and flicking ciggies out the window. I figured I was off the clock so stuff em!

Now Im old and boring, I kind of realise how bad all of that must have looked....especially considering I worked in childcare Now, Im alot more careful. I still work in Childcare but my 'uniform' is a top that I take off and leave at work before I go. Still, I know alot of the parents and kids live in my local area, so I put on my cheerful face and friendly attitude if I happen to see them at my local shopping centre....which happens almost every day. Alot of the kids call out and wave to me at the shops, and to me, in that moment I am still representing the company.

I do think online mods should be a bit anon and have separate accounts to post their opinions from, so that mods can at least come across as completely unbias when doing their moderating duties......at the same time, its not a huge deal so I dont really care Lol

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I agree the uniforms do put a level of responsibility on to the wearer. When you are out in public, in uniform, you are expected to behave in a manner that presents the company, public service, or whatever in the best possible way. Our company has recently sent out a 'behavour contract' that we have had to sign before attending our company conference. If we get drunk and cause any distress to the public in any manner, we can be basically sent home. Sounds rather like a year ten school camp, that we have had to get mums permission to attend, but that is how things are being done these days. The Image of any company, or public service officer, has to be always professional. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Now, Im alot more careful. I still work in Childcare but my 'uniform' is a top that I take off and leave at work before I go. Still, I know alot of the parents and kids live in my local area, so I put on my cheerful face and friendly attitude if I happen to see them at my local shopping centre....which happens almost every day. Alot of the kids call out and wave to me at the shops, and to me, in that moment I am still representing the company.
    Ooh yes that would be the same for school teachers as well! I don't think it would go down too well if you or your kid saw their teacher 'acting out' even when it's outside of school....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think a separate account for mods would work though.

If people knew there was that possibility then people would be trying to work out and 'out' them! And then imagine if one was someone who was controversial/ inflammatory. It would be a bit like trolling really... And then if you reported someone to a mod - but they actually WERE that mod. It would all be a bit weird.

I just think that mods should act respectfully toward members, and not insult people, and be careful with what they say regarding BH itself. Not that hard, and more transparent than creepy secret identities.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Ooh yes that would be the same for school teachers as well! I don't think it would go down too well if you or your kid saw their teacher 'acting out' even when it's outside of school....
    In year 5 my dad and I had to go to my male teachers house so he could sign something (cant remember what). My teacher answered the door in track pants, and an open flannelette shirt, no shoes and bed hair.....I had such a crush on him and that didnt help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Girl X's first post completely.

It does read like the official position, how are readers supposed to differentiate?

BubHub is the first forum I've used where the Mods post as posters and Mods under the one identity. Most forums have Mods who are anonymous to the masses.

Those people are held to account by other moderators and admin. They're usually picked for being quite diplomatic.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (21-09-2012),Guest654  (21-09-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm curious regarding the idea that comments can be perceived differently if I post as a mod or as a blue member. I was a member for 3 years prior to becoming a mod and met many good friends through that. If I had another account to post in threads how could people get to know me, how could I make friends and connections.

Yes, I know a comment I made yesterday made some people upset, however, I believe where that statement was paraphrased above a totally different context was placed upon it. I never post here with a meh attitude. I am very aware that there are real people behind the screen, because I am one.

Bubhub is privately owned site and therefore run very differently to a corporately owned website.

I could post on here as a new account, however, what would be the point, I couldn't be me. My profile is posted on the main page, my profession, my children, where I'm from etc

If I was to be incognito on the website there'd be no point being on here as I'd basically be a troll.

I wonder if I'd posted yesterday incognito whether the same reaction would've occurred. As I've seen similar comments (in fact even threads) with none of the fallout back to the poster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pegasus, I have no idea what went down and have no idea what you said that has people upset or whatever...so dont take my post as anything aimed at you.

I just wrote a huge post explaining my point a bit better but deleted it cos its not coming out right....I might stick with its not a huge deal so I dont care

13. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (21-09-2012)