+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sick and super clingy 7 month old

Hi all, my 7 month old has the cold virus and croup. He is going through hell fighting his first sickness especially at night.
    I honestly can't put him down in his cot, he just screams, which I can't allow when he is this sick. Last night he slept with me, but still cried a number of times until i actually picked him up. When I tried to lye him down next to mme again,he cried. Today he slept in pram. Im tired. Dh is taking the day off to help me rest.
    Honestly, is this normal? Will he settle back into his cot again?

'
    m

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your poor DS and you, it really is horrible! My DS has had croup, roseola, several colds this year and a virus.

We have had several nights where literally he has been crying most of the night, the only way he would calm and settle would be when he was pushed in his pram, usually whilst singing 'little peter rabbit'.

It's tough on everyone but I think it can be pretty normal, it was definitely normal for us. If his temperature is up, he's off his feeds etc then I'd be worried. Have you taken him to the dr?

ETA - he will settle back into his cot I'm sure and if he is on the steroids for the croup you will find in a couple of days it has worked it's magic.
    Last edited by babyla; 20-09-2012 at 21:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely normal. BUT, if you're struggling with him that much all night I'd be inclined to go to hospital. Croup in a 7 month old is pretty serious. My 5yo ds had it (at age 5 for the first time) and he nearly ended up in hospital (we would have had to call an ambulance, so waited a bit and decided against it ... not the best decision in hindsight).

My kids are hard work when they are sick with anything and it's super draining and it seems like they will never be well again, but they do get better and do get back to usual sleeping routines/locations. I hope your bub makes a speedy recovery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah totally normal, when they are sick they just want mummy cuddles. It's the only time my DS wants them! He will go back to normal once he's better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. The worst of the croup is over, it was only a bad/dog cough for 1-2 nights. His temp is normal. Now it's just runny nose and slight cough.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

mim1  (22-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump