+ Reply to Thread
    bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Yoghurt in Lunch boxes

If your child takes yoghurt to school in their lunch box, what sort do you send?

Twice I have sent yoghurt, and twice it has been a disaster.

The first time I put a little tub (petit miam) and "somehow" it exploded in his lunch box, so when he came home and I unpacked his bag, his lunch box internals were sprayed with yoghurt.

The second time I put in one of those squeezy type ones where you just sort of twist/screw the lid off. Needless to say, he squeezed it alright.....and squirted it all over his school jumper. So he wore a yoghurt covered smelly jumper all day.

So is there any fool proof way of sending yoghurt in a lunch box?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't think so I send the squeezy ones and the kids never have a problem but I did buy those tube ones that you rip off at the top and never again! DD came home covered in yogurt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My sister just uses little plastic containers that she just pours the yogurt into for school for my niece

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My sister just uses little plastic containers that she just pours the yogurt into for school for my niece
    I tried that as the organic pouch ones are expensive, but I found the remnants went thru the lunch box and the spoon never come home

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont send yoghurt but I send jelly in those little nude food containers. Solid on the outside with an easy-to-open lid. I also never got the spoons home so I now buy a big pack of plastic spoons from cheapo shops and send one of them. Amazingly the plastic spoons manage to find their way back into his lunchbox 9 times out of 10

Thanks
    Reviews
    I send the normal ones and a plastic spoon. No disasters yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you freeze them? They should be defrosted by the time they're ready to be eaten, but makes it more robust for traveling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In summer I freeze the squeeze ones. It works well and keeps DD sandwich cold.