+ Reply to Thread
    Where the wild things are
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Weight loss in 18 month old.

I just had DDs 18 month check. She is 19 months and tips the scales at just 8.76kg (and 79cm). She's very active and meeting all her milestones. She doesnt sit still, and she gets distracted while eating, but she gives everything a crack.

She was up to 8kg at her 8 month check, and now she has fallen off the bottom of the charts. She was over 9kg at 14 months.

We've had a horrible year, in that she fractured her wrist, and has heaps of colds and a couple of bouts of gastro.

She also has CMPI. the allergist suggested we continue to give her small amounts of dairy, so she has cheese and yoghurt on daycare days.

I was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation, and what the outcome was.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds had minimal weight gain over 6 months at one point, but from memory that started over the age of 2 and he had lots of bouts of illness too. BUT, from the age of 8 months to 18 months bubs usually put on quite a bit of weight, whereas after 2 the 'yearly' weight gain isn't much. I just made sure my ds was getting plenty of filling foods and high fat (good fat) stuff like full fat cheeses (which obviously is an issue for your dd). Within a couple of months he was gaining again and all was good from then on.

You definitely need your dd to see a Paed asap. I hope they can get to the bottom of the issues asap.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Pregnor  (20-09-2012)