+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Just curious, how sure are you he's a boy?
    Good question I have never known this with all the birds I have owned. Not like you can see anything that identifies the sex haha! I use to just call all mine boys. Is it true that the boys talk more?

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not sure at all! He's only 6wks old lol. I just out of habit write 'he' as my older two birds are male (judging from their cere and their behaviors). I won't know for sure for a while yet but there's actually a good chance it's a girl as there's white rings around the nostrils.

Loco you tell by the cere, the colour above their beaks. Males are blue, females are generally brown Boys are easier to tame and are generally more likely to talk but I think that's just coz the girls are stubborn lol. My eldest boy says his name and 'whatcha doing' and jabbers away all day. If you want to add me on fb I overload my friends with pics and videos of my birds, they're my other children lol.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 20-09-2012 at 23:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah i was wondering cos dad uses to breed them,He always said boys have blue up top & girls have pale pink,Girls also bite like psychopathsIn my general experiences he is correctHard to tell that young though as the colour can vary til they're a bit older.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep females are not as playful and friendly as the males. They tend to be bossy too lol. I'll let you know what this one turns out to be when I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    Not sure at all! He's only 6wks old lol. I just out of habit write 'he' as my older two birds are male (judging from their cere and their behaviors). I won't know for sure for a while yet but there's actually a good chance it's a girl as there's white rings around the nostrils.Loco you tell by the cere, the colour above their beaks. Males are blue, females are generally brown Boys are easier to tame and are generally more likely to talk but I think that's just coz the girls are stubborn lol. My eldest boy says his name and 'whatcha doing' and jabbers away all day. If you want to add me on fb I overload my friends with pics and videos of my birds, they're my other children lol.
    Omg I miss my birds I had a sulphar crest cockatoo years ago (hardly in his cage) he thought he was a dog haha I'm not on FB still contemplating

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (20-09-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't have a pic but when it came time to put them back in their coop I found they'd wandered to the neighbours, we're on half an acre so they'd travelled a bit.

I had to go next door and walk the chooks home, the neighbour looked on in disbelief as they followed me like the pied piper

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (21-09-2012),Mod-SammiAnn  (21-09-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Found a new site today that seriously lightened my mood.
    This is one of my favorites

http://dog-shaming.com/image/31697903699

My dogs arent the worst in the world!

Oh, and I don't have a pic of it but when I came home tonight our new horse was standing on the front verandah. With a 5kg bag of carrots strewn everywhere and a dog bowl in his mouth. The look he gave me was pure "this is the best you've got?"
    Last edited by Rutabaga; 21-09-2012 at 00:32.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (21-09-2012),Mod-Myztik  (21-09-2012),Mod-SammiAnn  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I kinda want a budgie now too. I hate cleaning cages so I have to wait till jasper is old enough to ask for one and I can say "only if you clean out it's cage once a (day/week?) " and then I'll probably only have to do it half the time

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (21-09-2012)

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww Tormy! He's adorable! I wish our shops had those trolleys, I'd probably take DS shopping more often HEHE.

Oh wow Littlemissmetal! You have a gorgeous family hun, love your cute bump (having HUGE bump envy ATM, I have nothing!!!).

Greenhorn! That's cute, I love when a series of photos tells a story.

Would love to see that Peg! I have a rather large leghorn hen that was rescued from the pound that follows me around the yard, usually with a cat on the other side (the cat is smaller than the chook and she has the cat OWNED!).

Nawww katherinelouise that lab looks WAY too adorable to have done that HEHE! The visual of your horse is funny, don't you wish we had a camera in our heads sometimes, would have been great to get it on camera . Sounds like you're in for lots of fun with that one!

Thanks for sharing everyone .

Sam

PS. I'm the same Boobycino, I had a white male with a grey spot on his back called 'Elvis' when I was at uni and he was soooooo damn cute, all this budgie talk makes me miss him .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Actually I want a cockatiel. I had a Grey and white one who was a honey. My mil was baby sitting him and she opened his cage up outside to put food in for him. She then blamed me when I said he couldn't fly away if she opened the food hatch correctly (and showed her how) but she just opened the cage up and of course he got out... she thought he couldnt fly at all. :-/ I like to think he appeared on someone's window ledge begging for food talking and being All cute and friendly and he became one of those birds that people 'find'.