+ Reply to Thread
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I got lost today. What a stroke of luck!

So I had to present an education session for work today and despite printing directions, I still managed to get lost. when I decided that I was definitely in the wrong place I pulled over into a side street to check my map on my phone(don't have GPS in the work car) but the street was a bit too narrow to turn in so I thought I would drive ahead and see if there was a better place to turn. The street happened to be having their curb side collection and one of the houses had a toddler bed out the front. Just what we need for dd and no money to pay for it. So I went back after the session and picked it up. I measured it when I got it home and guess what? The cot mattress is the perfect size. For once I'm so glad I'm dodgy at directions.How have you take a (literal or metaphorical) wrong turn and ended up in the right place?
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 20-09-2012 at 19:05.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've just moved to a new town and I'm quite often getting lost or confused.. but often in my trying to find places I find other places that will come in handy down the track slowly learning my way around. All I can say is I LOVE my navman we've had an argument or two and have agreed to disagree at times but I'd be well and truly lost without it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-09-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love finding places by accident. That is how dd and I found our fave park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We were driving from Dallas Texas to Florida, I was hungry so dh pulled off the highway so we could find somewhere to eat. We had been driving for a while and was no little towns, we started to worry where the hell we were going. After a while we ended up at a toll both, we explain to the lady that we were lost etc... She laughed and said we were on the brand new toll road that would take 4 hours of our trip.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Went waaaay past the turn off I was supposed to take for the home maker centre the other day, ended up on some unknown highway exit, took a few corners to try and get back onto the highway and ended up at a different home maker centre which had a curtain wonderland that had actually moved from the home maker centre that I was originally going to FOR the curtain wonderland....