+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Avent Microwave Steam and Electric Steriliser Instruction Help Please?

Hi there,

Just hoping that someone might be able to help please. My DD is 8 years old and we have a beautiful surprise healthy baby girl due in February 2013
    When we had DD #1 I had both a microwave steam and electric bottle steriliser. I have kept these sterilisers the whole time! And so plan on using them again for this baby. I do not have the original boxes and they have been stored in a cupboard so of course I will be checking they are all fine before using them.

I was just wondering if anyone has the older models of these sterilisers and would be able to either scan, email or type here the instructions for both sterilisers so that I can 'test' out the sterilisers to make sure they are ok.

I know they are only a few minutes or whatever but I cant remember the water levels, etc.

Are you able to help please? I will (and my wallet) will be very grateful!

Thank you

HW

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got an old Avent electric steriliser - I bought it secondhand from an acquaintance back in 2009, so it might be too old to help. Look on the base for the model/make details - mine says 042A. It's really simple to use - fill it with tap water up to the line in the bottom that says MAX. Put your bottles etc in the racks inside, put the lid on, plug it in, then press the silver button down to start it. It automatically turns itself off after several minutes of steaming.Let me know if you want instructions on how to descale it with citric acid. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have the new microwave steriliser... Guessing it's no help?Email them if you can, they're normally happy to help. Or google the brand and year and instructions and you might stumble accross a PDF file somewhere.Hopefully this bumps up your thread at the least so you don't have to bother with the above suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffbum View Post
    google the brand and year and instructions and you might stumble accross a PDF file somewhere.
    This ^ I did that for my Avent electric breast pump recently & found the instructions easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone Ill have a google search now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang on... I thought they recommended sterilising until the bub starts solids, because after that point they're well and truly putting things into their mouths that aren't sterile...? Or that maybe it's a good idea to sterilise bottles etc because they've got little parts that can get crusty milk stuck in them, even after you've washed them...? But don't quote me on any of that.

MissieMack, if you can find somewhere online where it says not to sterilise anymore, I'd be really grateful - and I'm not saying that in a "I don't believe you so prove it"-kind-of-way. I've been to the CHN so few times with this second bub that I really have no idea what the latest advice is. Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think i still will for a little while anyway- but id be interested too..... how would you appropriately clean the bottles for reuse? Im not arguing either- or saying I dont believe you but as I said its certainly been a long time between children so the advice has obviously changed?