+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can recommend NOT to get a Cocker Spaniel lol, Ours is now 9 months and extremely hard to train, however our border collie is very protective of our children and our yard and was a much much easier dog to train-very loyal to

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Boxer or a Mastiff is what Id go for. Boxer will need more exercise than the Mastiff. Mastiffs are just great big teddy bears .....until someone jumps your fence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Golden retriever!!! Medium to large. Extremely great personality was here before DS1 and great with him. Ds1 adores him completely. Puppy stage can be tough stage for all breeds but they mellow down when older. Mine barks when he hears people at door, pretty loud scary barks but is just hot air enough to scare unwelcomed intruders, in truth he is the friendliest pooch in town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    anything off www.petrescue.com.au or animal shelter.

any rescue dog will a fantastic addition, plus you are saving a life.
    whatever you DON'T do, don't buy an active working dog (kelpie etc.), a puppy from a pet shop or an unregistered backyard breeder.
    www.oscarslaw.org

all my animals have been rescue animals and are fantastic with the kids. any dog needs training and supervision no matter what breed. and all dogs come with a promise to look after them for life.

start looking at rescue sites and the dog will find you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    anything off www.petrescue.com.au or animal shelter.

any rescue dog will a fantastic addition, plus you are saving a life.
    whatever you DON'T do, don't buy an active working dog (kelpie etc.), a puppy from a pet shop or an unregistered backyard breeder.
    www.oscarslaw.org

all my animals have been rescue animals and are fantastic with the kids. any dog needs training and supervision no matter what breed. and all dogs come with a promise to look after them for life.

start looking at rescue sites and the dog will find you

Agree with this. If you happen to find a boxer at the shelter they are the best but need lots of love attention and exercise, and training. But amazing with kids, other animals, and good guard dogs.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDogLover View Post
    Agree with this. If you happen to find a boxer at the shelter they are the best but need lots of love attention and exercise, and training. But amazing with kids, other animals, and good guard dogs.
    Best dog I ever owned (and still the best dog Ive ever met) was a Boxer FOB and I rescued from the pound. Had to put him down last year as he was too old to do anything. Miss him every day.