+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spin off: Selling Baby Gear - Refunds?

Hi All,

I have sold a pram on a local facebook page and it was picked up and paid for - no worries. I received a text about 1 hour later asking whether she could return it and get her money back because there were things about the pram she doesn't like. Not really happy about accepting this. What would others do. How do I say "no refunds - you had your chance" politely? Should I give her her money back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why does she waNt to bring it back?
    If its faulty I'd do a refund, if she simply changed he mind to bad.

Did your add state no refunds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a pram through facebook. Took it home and tried it out, didn't like it. I reposted straight away and didn't even consider asking for a refund. She should have looked at it when she went to pick it up and said yes/no then. I wouldn't refund her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This happened to a GF of mine, she sold her pram online (gumtree maybe?) and the lady picked it up, no worries, used it for a week then decided she didn't like it for some reason (wasn't faulty) and demanded her money back.

If it's in the condition you described online, I wouldn't give her money back just because she changed her mind. Suggest if she's not happy she can sell it herself maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She says the sun canopy doesn't extend far enough, the wheels are awkward, the push handle is quite high and it is chunky in her boot. I also threw in a free stroller toy (doesn't fit my other stroller) and a mozzie net.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surely that's all stuff she should have tried at your place when she picked it up?!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (21-09-2012),delirium  (20-09-2012),MrJones&Me  (20-09-2012),~BEXTER~  (20-09-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess if it were me I would probably have just given her the refund and saved myself the hassle, but I don't think she deserves that.

She did have the chance while at your house to look it over etc and she could have changed her mind before paying...

I have picked things up before, got them home and HATED them, but I would never ask for a refund, I would just re-list it for what I paid for it and hope someone else wants it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pram was set up when she got here so yes, she saw it all before she agreed to buy it. I did let her know that "sorry - as the pram is not damaged/faulty, I am unable to give a refund. All I suggest is to try reposting it. Good luck" I haven't heard a response. I thought this was the nicest way I could say it. She'll probably repost it at a higher price than I got!!!! I do feel a bit bad, but that's how second hand selling works. I would never consider asking for a refund myself. Oh well - I guess I'll now put "no refunds" in my ads! Thanks All!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Technically you should offer a refund if the item is not as described or is faulty, but definitely not for change of mind. ebay lets you put in your 'refund policy', but other places it might seem too wordy to put it all there. So, if that is the case let a buyer know when they come to pick it up that you don't offer refunds after the item has been taken unless there's a major fault detected within the first 7 days (or 24 hours or whatever ... keep it short though!). That's only fair.

You did the right thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah no. She came, she saw, she bought. Not faulty, no refund. You're not Target.