+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Controlled crying and teething!

hi, my 8.5 month old son has been waking during the night for a couple of months now. some weeks are good but lately he has been terrible. he can wake so many times in a night a some nights he is awake for 2 hours as he can't self settle. he has also started rolling onto his tummy in his sleep but doesn't like it so that wakes him a lot too. he has only had both his arms out of his sleep cocoon for about a week now. i did controlled crying with my daughter when she was 10 months old and by night 4 she was self settling and sleeping through the night so i want to try the same method with my son (she was also crawling when i did it and he isn't) but as he is cutting his top 4 teeth slowly at the moment and only just being arm free i am not sure if i should attempt it or not or if i should wait another month???? any opinions? is there ever a good or bad time to do it?? some nights i have had enough of getting out of bed that i put him in his swing just so i can get a few solid hours. bad habit i know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi madismumma - I am sort of in the same position so would really love to hear what people suggest for you!! My daughter is 6 months and could be teething/having separation anxiety/reaching developmental milestones (the list could go on - who knows what's up!!) but her sleeping is rubbish and I feel that a bit of controlled comforting might work with her, but not sure if I should wait a bit or just jump right in and start now. She has also recently come out of her love me wrap cocoon thingy but have tried to do this as gradually as possible. I wonder if it makes a big difference as perhaps they don't feel as secure when their arms are out. Waiting another month seems quite a long time, and if you had such good results with your daughter then you never know, a good night's sleep might be only 4 nights away! Did your son roll while he was in his cocoon? My DD can roll but never seemed to do it when in hers. If he can't roll in his cocoon maybe you could put him back in it and try CC that way? Hopefully someone can come up with some good suggestions!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not while teething

All the advice does seem to suggest not trying CC when your baby is teething or has a cold as you don't want to ignore their pain and/or real distress. And much less likely for it to work apparently. So hard I know when you're so tired.