+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am definitely getting one for baby #2.

We hired one for our 2nd car but I will be buying one thats compatible with a pram next time for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Yup worth it

We have a bugaboo too and use the maxi cosi capsule with adaptors, our reasoning was that this was our first baby and we want more so we'd use the capsule, and DD was born premy so we wanted a padded one, anyway Ive used the pram more with the capsule than the pram insert, it's very convinient not to have to get her out and wake her up when we go somewhere, I can't recall how much we spent but I'm sure you can buy used, or at least resell yours and get some money back. To us it's been worth the expense:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't use one first or second time around but decided to hire one for the third as I knew we would be out and about a lot. I hired one for 6 months ($200ish) with the bracket to fit on the pram, it was so convenient to take bubs from car to pram - she could just keep sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had one and didn't miss it. This time with twins we have borrowed some, and it's been convenient when visiting friends to have somewhere to put them if we are sitting in the kitchen or something, but I wouldn't have felt it was worth it if we'd paid for them. They are bloody heavy once they have a 4kg+baby in them, I prefer a sling or wrap. If you can borrow its much better I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I borrowed one for DD and it was super handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone!So I purchased a Safety 1st One Safe capsule - the one with the highest CREP rating. They retail for up to $300 but I got mine for $112 at Supercheap! Last one I found on sale in whole of Vic, I'm rapt as they are more expensive to hire even. It's compatible with Maxi Cosi adaptors so I can use it with my Bugaboo :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (20-09-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got an Ex-display Stider plus & Matching Capsule.. I am pretty sure that it should pay for itself as DH & I have a few regular weekends with friends planned for the first couple of months after bubs is born.

I will be taking the car with the capsule in it and leaving for O/N where as DH will be staying O/N so I can put bubs to sleep in the capsule and leave when ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've had one and loved it. She's 6 months now and in the 97th %ile for height and weight and still fits in it (though it's a pain to carry now shes 10kgs!!!) But not much longer. But yeah love she can stay in it if shes asleep or visiting people i can just bring her in it or to the pub just chuck her under the table. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!!! My first DD was born in march and by the time the tassie winter arrived may/June I wish I had one. With DD2 was born in july this year so I bought a strider plus pram $600 and matching capsule $299 - sooooo worth it!!! I looked for a second hand capsule to go with my pram but couldn't find one so bought a new one as I hope to have bub no 3 in the next year or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I purchased the Safe n Sound Unity as it was the only capsule that was compatible with both the Baby Jogger City Elite and I Candy. You can also buy the base of the capsule on it's own which means if you have multiple cars or the grand parents want to take bub out, you can buy the base and install it in each car.

Personally I believe capsules are extremely worth it as you never have to wake bub if bub is asleep. They are awkward and heavy to carry depending on the style you buy. I used the capsule for the Steelcraft Cruiser and found that that it was so much easier and lighter to carry than our capsule. Capsules are most beneficial if you take advantage of it and buy a pram that you just lift the capsule into and click it into the adaptors.

The Unity goes up to 12kg so you get more than the 6 months. My DS is 5 months old and is quite large. He still has plenty of room to grow, his legs are getting a bit long for the capsule, however, his head is nowhere near the top of the capsule which is the obvious indication if he's outgrown it.

Personally I wouldn't buy a capsule if I was towards the end of finishing my family. I bought mine with DS1 and am expecting #2 in 6 months. I have a mum in my mothers group who has bought a capsule with her last baby and she wishes she had of bought one for the rest of the kids.