+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are capsules worth it?

I'm pregnant with no2 and trying to decide if a capsule is worth the added expense, considering it's only for approx 6mths.

I always thought it was one thing I would have liked with DS, but after researching the ones compatible with Bugaboo, I'll be up for $350-400 and then have to pay that agin 6mths later for a carseat anyway.

If you had one, was it worth it? Were the advantages worth the extra cost?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be hiring mine thro qld ambulance service for $70 for 6months! Capsuls are well worth it but I can't afford a brand new one so this will do

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt think i would need it one but being more out and about with bubs and dd1 activites i caved and bought one when bubs was 6 weeks it has made getting out and about so much easier i love it i bought the peg perego capsule

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Are capsules worth it?

We hired one and it was great. I wouldn't personally buy one though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Google safety 1st on bugaboo using maxi cosi adapters. Apparently it works! (haven't tried it) but I got my safety 1st capsual for under $200 brand new.I didn't have one with my first, but was jealous of all my mummy friends that had them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For us, not really. We paid about $150 in the end to hire one for 8 - 10 weeks with bub #2. She was 4.4kg at birth, so already heavy on her own, let alone in a capsule. She was too heavy for me to carry in a capsule (those things are HEAVY). We didn't have a compatible pram, but even if we did that wouldn't be much help with carrying her in & out of a house with steps like our house (big front steps, not suitable for a pram at all). My dh would carry the capsule, but mostly we ended up just using it like a car seat.

And more importantly my dd was 9kg and would have been too big for the capsule by about 5 months, so that's not very long to use it for, given the expense.

My physio says they are horrible for backs and does not recommend them at all (backs of the mummies & daddies that is) - they are REALLY heavy, especially with a baby in them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was going to be a waste with number 2 bub also but was well worth the cost!

I already had the Bugaboo from DD1 and we bought a SNS AHR carseat and used that for about 6 weeks until we realised a capsule might have been better for things like school pickup without waking bub, general going out and about, peoples houses etc. It is the best thing we have bought. We got the Peg Perego capsule and DD is STILL in it at 21 months although we are going to put her into her SNS very soon. She is very petite though (9.5kg at 21mths) so a bigger baby might grow out of it a lot sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Worth the money! But we paid $260 for ours. My bub is 10 weeks and even if she outgrew it tomorrow it would still be worth it for us because we have gone out so often. It is heavy and can be awkward to carry bub in it but you don't tend to carry it often without the pram. Maybe look at hiring one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought one for ds4 and it was great wish I had one for the other 4

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hired one for my second child and have bought one for my third. Sooo worth it.