+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diarrhea?!

So DD has diarrhea for the first time (7mo). She has had it for two full days now and I'm wondering what I can do to help her clear it up. We've been battling constipation for the last 7 months so this is new to me. I had to change her twice last night and she's getting nappy rash no matter how much i slather her in sudocream.
    I'm trying to keep her fluids up and trying not to feed her anything 'loosening' like pear (hard because that's her favourite). Do I make her to the doctor if its still not cleared up in a day or two?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Diarrhea?!

Is she vomitting too? If not she could be teething. Also if she had needles recently she could have diarrhea too. or have you changed her diet? Eg different formula.
    When DS has diarrhea it'd almost always teething. Or if he's just recovering from cold or fever. Also sometimes immunization causes a couple of days of diarrhea too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tubster For This Useful Post:

TnA  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diarrhea?!

DD had this at 9mths and her bottom got so sore. The best was curash cream or paw paw cream but it only just held the rash until the pooing stopped. After that it cleared in about a day. Poor thing was going about 8 times a day and it would just pour out of the nappy.

I just kept the water up to her. The CHN also said to give more formula and less solids til it passed.

Hope your little one feels better soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleo77 For This Useful Post:

TnA  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No vomiting, and we haven't changed formula or added anything new to her diet. I have just moved temporarily while DH organises our move to WA from there so maybe the stress set her off? Her last shots were a month ago and she never really reacts (a slight temp once).
    I can't really cut back on her solids because she refuses her milk a lot, we struggle to give her three bottles a day but she has been drinking apple juice and water from her sippy cup.
    Apart from the diarrhea she's been her usual self so dunno about the teething? We haven't had any yet though so I may get a surprise lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diarrhea?!

Hum... I wouldn't be too worried then if she's still eating and drinking fine and still her usual self. If there's no cold or fever and nothings different diet wise I would say it's teething or it could be the moving, or smell of cleaning products when you clean the house, some chemicals can cause some reactions.
    But if she's got red cheeks, drooling a lot, swollen gums and a little more clingy than usual and if her diarrhea smells HORRIBLE then she's probably teething. I didn't know DS was teething until his teeth actually cut through lol. He did have diarrhea everytime though. His bottom was like red raw at one stage. So now I know I put heaps and heaps of nappy cream on, like seriously cake it on especially at night. During the day just change often and make sure her bottom is dry before putting on cream and nappy.
    It should pass in 2-3 days.
    If you are concerned though then you should take her to see a professional just to get a peace if mind

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diarrhea?!

Oh and if she's teething, she might pull her ears a bit (no preference as to which one to pull, because if they prefer to pull one ear all the time then it might be an ear infection), not eat as much and prefer colder liquid to drink. And if you run your finger along her gum you might feel something hard
    Hope she will feel better soon!