Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default URGENT!! need advice asap

help ..

Today I was at work and picked up Agnes afterwards at a friends.
    She said I have to talk to you..
    Agnes is 8 and in year 2.

She told me that today, she was making pottery and she did the wrong thing.. apparently this would make hers crack..
    So her teacher smacked her on the arm.. and then squashed her pottery up.

Agnes went out at lunch.. and told another teacher that her teacher smacked her.

This teacher then spoke to her teacher..
    Afterwards the teacher that smacked her, spoke to her and asked her what she told the teacher.. Agnes was scared and so she told her, nothing..

The teacher then accused Agnes of lying about being smacked and told her off and said to her that she was just mad as her pottery had been squashed..
    She said again, so you lied...

WTF?
    I have had issues with this teacher before.
    I know all mums say this, But agnes is not a big liar. I have asked her just to tell me the truth and she said, she is.

Can I ask for her to be moved..? I dotn take Agnes to school.. so I need to do this by email/phone.

I am kind of shocked and very upset..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have a meeting with the teacher and the principal as the issue needs to be looked into and yes you can ask for her to moved but the principal has to take class levels into account if they are already full but no child should be scared at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have every right to ask for her to be moved, if it's actually do-able is another thing.
    To squash a child's work in grade 2, because she did it wrong?!? Wtf?! That it itself it just wrong even without the smack!

The best thing would be to prepare yourself and go have a chat with the principal.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I know you are probably time poor but you really need to see the Principal, he or she is required to start some documentation concerning an issue like this (the smacking) and I think it reasonable that if you request in a firm but pleasant and reasonable way that Agnes should be allocated another class that that would also be looked into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    help ..

Today I was at work and picked up Agnes afterwards at a friends.
    She said I have to talk to you..
    Agnes is 8 and in year 2.

She told me that today, she was making pottery and she did the wrong thing.. apparently this would make hers crack..
    So her teacher smacked her on the arm.. and then squashed her pottery up.

Agnes went out at lunch.. and told another teacher that her teacher smacked her.

This teacher then spoke to her teacher..
    Afterwards the teacher that smacked her, spoke to her and asked her what she told the teacher.. Agnes was scared and so she told her, nothing..

The teacher then accused Agnes of lying about being smacked and told her off and said to her that she was just mad as her pottery had been squashed..
    She said again, so you lied...

WTF?
    I have had issues with this teacher before.
    I know all mums say this, But agnes is not a big liar. I have asked her just to tell me the truth and she said, she is.

Can I ask for her to be moved..? I dotn take Agnes to school.. so I need to do this by email/phone.

I am kind of shocked and very upset..
    This needs to be looked into. I would definately have a meeting with the principal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant meet the principal .. I have no time at all..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Ring the school explain that you need a urgent out of work hours appointment concerning the illegal use of corporal punishment in the classroom today. If you can't do that write formal complaint and send it in with your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you take time off work for something like this?

If not, I'm sure once you mention what the appointment is about, they'll be bending over backwards to accomodate you. I cannot believe a teacher would smack a chld, that is horrible! Your poor DD.

Hope this gets sorted ASAP and your daughter gets moved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    I cant meet the principal .. I have no time at all..
    I would suggest writing a paper letter and posting it to the principal, and also sending a copy via email. Then if you don't get a satisfactory response within three working days, also send a letter to the education department.

For some unknown reason, paper letters seem to have more weight than emails.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    you really need to make the time.

it is hard, but you need to get up to the school and have a meeting with the principal and the 2 teachers A has accused of hitting ber.