+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Strider 4 pram

I am considering buying a strider 4 because my current pram is horrible & i've been told these prams are great. I need a pram that's easy to use - get in/out of boot etc & that turns easily. Advice ? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had one from new and it is 2 years old now and has had everything replaced by steel craft because the frame was broken the seat frayed the wheels became wobbly and squeaked loudly and the handle was replaced after the repairers broke it. The seat has frayed again and is hardly holding on as the fabric won't hold the stitching and the brakes don't work well anymore either. It needs all seats to be removed before putting it in my boot of my sedan and the second seat has to go in the car as it won't fit in the boot aswell and the pram frame only just fits and my car has a large boot. You loose the cup holders with the second seat on and the storage pocket is useless with a child in the second seat as they can pull everything out of it. The top seat is not suitable for a newborn but I used the capsule and bassinet otherwise bubs had to ride in the bottom seat. The new version might be better but the old one is just a pile of mistakes and not worth the money I paid for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

loumia  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should check out the review section of bubhub.

They have brought out the new strider recently which is smaller and more compact then the old one, so if you didn't care about size, you could probably pick up an old model one for pretty cheap.

I have one, I also have a Baby Jogger City Select, and they are very similar. Each has different benefits. THe Strider 4 is very sturdy, nice and cushy for bubs, I really like it, it was just to big for my boot, which the BJCS is smaller and easier to lift and fits better. I use the strider now around our property (we live on acerage) and I go walking with my DD in that, to save me having to get the BJCS out of the boot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

loumia  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    I have had one from new and it is 2 years old now and has had everything replaced by steel craft because the frame was broken the seat frayed the wheels became wobbly and squeaked loudly and the handle was replaced after the repairers broke it. The seat has frayed again and is hardly holding on as the fabric won't hold the stitching and the brakes don't work well anymore either. It needs all seats to be removed before putting it in my boot of my sedan and the second seat has to go in the car as it won't fit in the boot aswell and the pram frame only just fits and my car has a large boot. You loose the cup holders with the second seat on and the storage pocket is useless with a child in the second seat as they can pull everything out of it. The top seat is not suitable for a newborn but I used the capsule and bassinet otherwise bubs had to ride in the bottom seat. The new version might be better but the old one is just a pile of mistakes and not worth the money I paid for it.
    The top seat isn't suitable for a newborn ? doh ! it says online they are suitable from birth & up

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a strider plus. I love ours. I've had it for about 18 months and used it as a double for the last 12 months. It is bulky, but I knew that when I bought it. I find it very easy to get it in and out of the car either in separate pieces or with both seats attached depending on what else is in there. I find the basket is easy to get to with the 3 zippered openings around the sides - we've done family outings to theme parks etc with no problems. Both seats are suitable for a newborn, this was my biggest factor because my toddler is too heavy for all the second seats in the market. It's easy to maneuver and handles well on different surfaces ie grass, dirt, sand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    The top seat isn't suitable for a newborn ? doh ! it says online they are suitable from birth & up
    the newborn is supposed to sit at the bottom,... that seat reclines totally flat like a bed so baby can sleep... but i have seen heaps of people put the newborn at the top, it's not completely 100% flat, but at a slight recline. hope this helps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

loumia  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lala77 View Post
    I have a strider plus. I love ours. I've had it for about 18 months and used it as a double for the last 12 months. It is bulky, but I knew that when I bought it. I find it very easy to get it in and out of the car either in separate pieces or with both seats attached depending on what else is in there. I find the basket is easy to get to with the 3 zippered openings around the sides - we've done family outings to theme parks etc with no problems. Both seats are suitable for a newborn, this was my biggest factor because my toddler is too heavy for all the second seats in the market. It's easy to maneuver and handles well on different surfaces ie grass, dirt, sand.
    I found the old baskets to be great for access but I got one off the new model when they replaced the basket (the zipper bit started to open by itself even tho nothing heavy was ever in the basket) and the new one wont zip with one hand as the zips are stiff altho it does have reinforcing on the bottom to hold weight unlike the old baskets.
    Another problem I had was the recline for the top seat broke , the cable came off and had to be replaced and honestly I treated this pram with so much care but still had so many troubles with it.