+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You are right. There is heaps of judging. And there is also heaps of "if you feel bad about it, it is your issue that you feel offended by what I've posted" type posts that happen when someone gets upset when someone else is clearly having a go at them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    this is why i don't do organised religion.
    in theory, all parents are breaking at least one commandment...

i think it is an innate quality in humans to judge. if we didn't judge we wouldn't learn - it's just whether you judge, form a decision and keep your mouth shut or whether you judge, put the other person down, gossip, turn it into a competition etc.

ultimately we need to have more confidence in ourselves so that people who do the latter don't affect us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't judge other parents but I am opinionated on how children should be raised as my children will have to share the planet with them in the future

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Judgement is great IMO. Voicing it might not always be so great.

We judge so we can decide for ourselves. If we never judged anyone, we may not be able to go, "you know what? I won't be doing that with my kid..." Of course a situation may arise where you have to eat your own words, but it still can help us come up with our own beliefs about certain issues.

Being OTT about something that, in the end, is a very minor issue, however, just makes you look like an insensitive twit with an interest in making others feel crap/yourself feel superior.

I judge other parents for a million things - especially what they feed their kids. I acknowledge I don't have all teh details though and thus keep my mouth firmly shut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think parents are too judgemental necessarily.

Some parents do pretty dumb things though and put it out there, on cyber space and wonder why people don't think they're awesome.

Some topics on here go pretty overboard but usually you can take them with a pinch of salt if you've been here a while. E.g Controquitelled crying, FF vs BF, Smacking etc

You should have a pretty thick skin if you are going to post on forums because it's a pretty broad demographic and most people who post on parenting sites are passionate about parenting so their views will be quite strong.

ETA: Some people are morons too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (19-09-2012)