+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is a painter and the price can vary greatly as it depends on a few things.

Firstly the amount of preparation work involved - what is the colour of the existing walls (dark/light/texture etc), what is the state of the walls, is there alot of scraping, filling of cracks etc. Prep work takes up most of the time, and professional painters will price this in accordingly.

Painting is the quickest part, once again depending on the color of the wall previously and what colour is being painted on. Eg. A house my husband painted had a navy blue ceiling , and they wanted it covered in white. It took, 2 coats of undercoat and then 6 coats of paint to cover.

All this needs to be taken into consideration.

The more prep work you can do yourselves will help save you money. Maybe when you get a quote, ask what prep work you can do yourselves to save money. This also includes moving furniture etc for easy access, as all that takes time.

$5000.00 - $7000.00 is an average price.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrookieR For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We just had our living room/kitchen, hallway and formal lounge room painted with doors and door frames and that was $3600 done as a special through a friend. In our area I have friends that have had quotes for a house like ours 4x2 with living areas for $7000+

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookieR View Post
    My husband is a painter and the price can vary greatly as it depends on a few things.

Firstly the amount of preparation work involved - what is the colour of the existing walls (dark/light/texture etc), what is the state of the walls, is there alot of scraping, filling of cracks etc. Prep work takes up most of the time, and professional painters will price this in accordingly.

Painting is the quickest part, once again depending on the color of the wall previously and what colour is being painted on. Eg. A house my husband painted had a navy blue ceiling , and they wanted it covered in white. It took, 2 coats of undercoat and then 6 coats of paint to cover.

All this needs to be taken into consideration.

The more prep work you can do yourselves will help save you money. Maybe when you get a quote, ask what prep work you can do yourselves to save money. This also includes moving furniture etc for easy access, as all that takes time.

$5000.00 - $7000.00 is an average price.
    Thanks!!
    The walls, door frames and skirting boards are all a lovely (not!!) mid pale green. ceilings are white so wouldn't need them done. although someone told me today, some painters refuse to do the job if ceilings aren't done as well???? (surely it's customers choice?)
    the house is only 5 years old, so walls are in perfect condition.
    i will def ask about the prep work we can do then. if we can shave $1000 off just doing that, that would be great!
    Thanks for all the advice!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default how much should painting the entire inside of a house cost?

Eeeeek ... Had a nosey in this thread ... My dad is painting our house ATM; thank god he is retired and we can pay him in love, kisses and cuddles (from the grandkids)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the middle of painting my 100 year old house that has horse hair plaster walls. Not fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I am in the middle of painting my 100 year old house that has horse hair plaster walls. Not fun
    wow.......didn't know there was such a thing!