+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how much should painting the entire inside of a house cost?

So we have just bought a new house and the entire house inside is green! walls, carpets, curtains, the lot!

so we want to pay a painter to come in and paint all the walls and skirting boards white (luckily the ceilings are already white!).
    i was thinking $2500, but i just got laughed at by a few people and said i should expect to pay double!!

has anyone done this and how much did it cost?

the house is a 3 bed, 2 bath, and then there's kitchen, lounge, laundry and hallway. its about a 14sqm house.

thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just got a quote - 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, hall, lounge, dining, kitchen and downstairs rumpus. This quote excludes the 3 bedrooms as they were painted by the tenants, but it includes touch ups and also painting inside the wardrobes and the doors which wasn't done. Rooms average size. Also includes balcony balustrades front and back and garage doors so maybe kinda evens out the not painting the bedrooms..

$5500.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default how much should painting the entire inside of a house cost?

Last year we had 3bdrm 2bthrm house with multiple living areas painted internally for $2500, but I think it was a pretty good deal. It was also all new plasterboard, so no prep work required, just undercoat and two topcoats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    It really depends on where you live. I live in a three bed, two bath house and would not be suprised to pay $10,000. My parents had their four bed, two bath, two living area home painted for $10,000 about 7 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    really?! gosh, i'm so not with it when it comes to tradesmen costs!!
    oh well, has to be done. But only have $5k to spend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hopefully it won't be that much for you, it is a lot! We painted our house ourselves when we moved in, but I'd never do it again, it's such a big job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can save heaps by doing it yourself. DH and I painted our entire house. We will get a painter in to do door frames but that's only because we suck at them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get it done cheap but it might not be the best job as I found with my grandparents house when they got it painted. Be sure to check the painter is registered with the painters registration board as if the work is not up to scratch you can do something about it especially when spending so much money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone. we really don't want to do it ourselves. its just too big a job and will be moving in right near christmas and then soon after, will have two babies under 2! plus we're not that great at the diy stuff.

will just get a few quotes and compare. hopefully we don't have to pay too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Three bedroom, open plan kitchen/lounge/dining, toilet, bathroom, all ceilings. Undercoat + Double coat, white paint supplied $8000. They didnt put drop sheets down so ruined my hard wood floors.They took $1000 off the price (it cost $800 to re-polish the floors).