+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4.15 am wake up call

Please help! I'm at my wits end. DS2 has always been a bad sleeper. Now he has settled on some time between 4.15 and 4.45 as the best time to start his day. He's 16 months old

He is really inconsistent with his napping, usually has about 2 hours either in one or two naps anywhere between 8.30 am and 2 pm. He goes to bed at 7pm. We have tried putting him to bed earlier and later but nothing shifts him.

Not sure what else to try, I'm exhausted and half the time so is he!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No advice but my DS is the same, 4am on the dot every single morning.
    It sucks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

pommiemum11  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Less than 3 weeks until daylight savings starts and I'm hoping that 5am starts for my DS2 become 6am starts and a lot more acceptable. I just hope he doesn't adjust his clock! I've tried all the things that are supposed to cause early rising....too cold, adjusting day sleeps and bedtime, feeding him later, etc etc but nothing. Plus, once they wake so early it is almost impossible to get back on track with their day routine because everything is so out of whack. I feel your pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. It's still horrible but it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried giving a feed ( bottle/breast) what ever your doing? Our DD is a terribly inconsistent sleeper and on the days she wakes extremely early I get her up get a bottle lay her in my bed she drinks it and will go back to sleep almost immediately after, then I just transfer her back to her cot only because she's a wiggly sleep and scared she will fall off our bed! Give it a go it, can't hurt??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd is 20 months and is up between 4-5 everyday. It sucks!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We're now waking up at 5.30am, for a week I kept returning him to his bed while saying it's not time to get up, it is time to go to bed. After a week he just started sleeping longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 18 month would do this so now he has zero day sleeps which does not bother me as his brother doesn't either . Sometimes there are days where he may fall asleep in the car or on sofa and then I just put him in bed , but now mostly he sleeps 12 hrs with a wake up here and there but he will stay in bed until 7- 7-30 in the morning now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama of 1 View Post
    Have you tried giving a feed ( bottle/breast) what ever your doing? Our DD is a terribly inconsistent sleeper and on the days she wakes extremely early I get her up get a bottle lay her in my bed she drinks it and will go back to sleep almost immediately after, then I just transfer her back to her cot only because she's a wiggly sleep and scared she will fall off our bed! Give it a go it, can't hurt??
    tried feeding. Tried not feeding. <sigh>

sorry for all of you but glad to know I'm not alone. I'm sure I went through this with ds1 I've just blocked it out!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I've had this issue with my boys since they were born. Never really slept much.

As a general rule, I've discovered during 'normal' time, they go to bed early (they're asleep right now) and wake up early. At the moment thanks to their Gro Clock I have them sleeping in til 5:30. (And yes- that's a sleep in!)

During Day light savings, they won't go to sleep until 9:00-9:30 (I know, I HATE it! And that is with a lot of reminders from Mum and Dad to go to sleep!) despite their 8:00pm bedtime. However, they will sleep until about 6:30 in the morning.

The interesting thing is, whenever they stay at my Mums house, she can settle them back to sleep again in the mornings, until 7:30-8am whereas when I try it, they just. will. not. They've learnt that I'll let them up early and that's that. Nan makes them sleep, so they do.