+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help-electricity bill

We received our electricity bill and it is ten times what is was last quarter. I have spent less time in the house so if anything the bill should have gone down. We have no new appliances and the heating has been on which uses gas! I'm so stressed and confused!! Does anyone know what could be happening????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Price increase?

You could also check your meter readings on your bill and deduct the last quarters reading from those to make sure they haven't misread it.

But haven't electricity prices in some areas gone up like 75%?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Melbmummyof1  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is usually 300ish, but the recent quarter was 500.

We had actually used the same amount of power, just the increase in price screwed us.

It's out of control.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours went from $600 to $800 we have all electricity here no gas, dp's workmate was telling him his last bill was $800 and the one he just got was $1200 him and his partner work full time i'm freaking out for our next bill, i don't know how they think people can afford these types of bills it's crazy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to silly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hating our electricity company!!! We only have one in tassie so no competition. In the last 12 months costs have risen 56% or something ridiculous like that. My last bill was $1005 for winter up from $600 this time last winter. And I have wood heating so have spent a total of $1800 a quarter on electricity and heating. Needless to say we no longer use our god it's freezing extra heating cause I just can't afford it being on mat leave.

In moaning about my bill the company did ring and enquire why the bill hadn't been paid in full when I explained I couldn't afford to pay more each fortnight than I already was they were great and just said see if between then and the next bill reading if I could pay extra then good but if I couldn't that was fine too not to stress. Highly unusual!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

Melbmummyof1  (18-09-2012),PippaG  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep!!! Just received a 1200 bill and I called to enquiry and "apparently" it is correct. How a bill can go from 300 to 1200 I will not know but she said if its not paid it will be cut! So not left with a choice a holes !!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Help-electricity bill

Oh god this is freaking me out!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Ours went from 470 to 900.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were paying $1000 a quarter in our 1bd unit before we sold it. We queried and thefirst answer was they were estimating coz they "couldnt access the meter" so dh abused them coz its not even locked! Then their excuse was the meters were so old they were too slow, but not faulty?! She told us one number was meant to be higher but its just slow but no its not faulty?!? They finally agreed to put a smart meter in and it went down to under half the cost!! Now we are in a 4bd 2 storey house and dh and bub are home every day and its less.... Work that one out I dont trust that they read meters at all and now we check each bill

17. The Following User Says Thank You to noskie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I contacted the company this morning and they have offered to send us an information leaflet about how to reduceour energy consumption!! Wtf nothing has changed yet our daily consumption has skyrocketed. Something is up, just need to get to the bottom of it.

Yes pp's things are getting scary and as we are a one income family it's a huge blow to take!!!! Aaaagh!