+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh that's so very sad

I wouldn't do it. But I think opinions on the matter doesn't change that it was a very tragic accident, whether it should have happened or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

FertileMertile  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be totally honest, I feel incredibly sorry for the grieving family, beyond words...

But I think what she did was completely stupid, dangerous, selfish, and unnecessary.

Obviously no, I would never partake in something like that while pregnant. Nor would I do it if I was not pregnant as I know if something happened my child would be motherless.

When you become pregnant/a parent, there are certain things that you have to consider, and dangerous activities is one of those things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hardly think comparing base jumping to eating a piece of ham is realistic.

This is a tragic accident but that woman made a very selfish and irresponsible decision.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Comparing base jumping to driving isn't the same. A more appropriate comparison would be to drag racing on a suburban street at 2am. It really is one of the most dangerous sports in the world, and there's a good reason why it's illegal in most countries.

It's incredibly sad, particularly how she would have known she was about to die. I just feel so sad for her partner and her family she has left behind.
    Absolutely. It is the most dangerous sport AND the most dangerous recreational activity in the world. Not comparative to driving or eating ham in the slightest...the risk factors are completely different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Irresponsible.

No excuses, the 'mum' put her need for an adrenalin rush first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    As sad and as selfish we consider it....

I read it as someone who was incredibly passionate about a sport and wanting one last go at it before she became a mother. Assuming (its unknown) if this was her first jump since becoming pregnant, she wouldn't have known that her last jump was going to be her last jump iykwim, and needed one more to be able to say goodbye to the sport mentally/emotionally.

By the sounds of it, she'd been doing the sport for years and had lots of experience and not had an adverse event and unfortunately this one was it At least she died doing what she loved.
    I agree with this post.

Very tragic accident.

I guess she weighed up the risks going by her past efforts and thought she'd be okay.

How absolutely heart wrenching it must have been for the husband to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    May her and her baby RIP xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all make educated decisions all the time. Its like saying, that mother put her selfish ham cravings before her unborn baby's wellbeing etc. Might not be as risky, but we are still informed with the risks involved and make an educated choice to eat that ham.

She has done it for many many years and made an educated decision. Obviously it wasn't the right one. However it just saddens me that people are so quick to see that side of it. Maybe it's me but all I can think is that it's a terribly sad accident and my heart goes out to their family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all make educated decisions all the time. Its like saying, that mother put her selfish ham cravings before her unborn baby's wellbeing etc. Might not be as risky, but we are still informed with the risks involved and make an educated choice to eat that ham.

She has done it for many many years and made an educated decision. Obviously it wasn't the right one. However it just saddens me that people are so quick to see that side of it. Maybe it's me but all I can think is that it's a terribly sad accident and my heart goes out to their family.
    I am not judging at all. I was just pointing out that there is a big difference between driving and base jumping.
    Last edited by Sonja; 18-09-2012 at 22:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yuk I hope no friends or family come across this thread and read the posts calling her selfish and irresponsible. A woman has died. This thread and the ensuing comments are in very poor taste. Bubhub posts come up in Google.