+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant Base Jumper dies :(

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...in-final-leap/

Just read the above article and thought it was sad. The lady was four months pregnant and died while doing what was to be her final jump.

It also got me thinking, would you continue an extreme sport while pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pregnant Base Jumper dies :(

So sad but a very high risk activity to do pregnant ir not

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's really sad.

In answer to your Q - there is no way I would ever BASE jump while pregnant or any other extreme sport for that matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    god no! i wouldn't even go on an amusement park ride whilst pregnant. As sad as it is, it was an incredibly stupid & selfish thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is a stupid and dangerous thing to do, pregnant or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No I wouldn't.

May they rest in peace.

Please remember there is a family out there grieving for this woman and her unborn baby.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Leens  (18-09-2012),MissMuppet  (18-09-2012),Rutabaga  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I would never partake in such a sport, pregnant or not. However I have friends who are "daredevils", and I respect their choice to partake in high-risk activities. It is their life, they may live it how they wish (within reason).
    Base-jumping while pregnant however? I just find that incredibly irresponsible. When you are pregnant, it is not all about you and your wants. You have a whole other life that should be your priority, not your thrill-seeking habits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sad

After taking forever to get pregnant (and still trying) I turn into the biggest risk averse person for 2 weeks out of every month. Because I'm doing IVF I know there is an embryo on board for that 2 weeks. So I don't drink alcohol, don't exercise beyond a gentle walk, don't have baths, don't eat any of the foods you shouldn't eat in pregnancy, etc. Base jumping doesn't even figure when I won't even have a cup of coffee!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How tragic for her mother losing a daughter and grand child I'm shocked by what could possibly be the thought process behind doing such a thing while pregnant. I took "risks" while pregnant, ate ham and cheeses, had a small glass of wine on my birthday, drank coffee, waded in the ocean up until 39 weeks pregnant, and I ignored obs "orders" with some birthing choices I made.... but.... I can't wrap my head around how you could weigh up the huge risks involved. Even if her chute did open She could still have had an accident. A parachute still doesn't set you down gently. Such a shame

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Even if her chute did open She could still have had an accident. A parachute still doesn't set you down gently. Such a shame
    Yep this is why there is no way I would even consider it. I think it was a selfish and stupid decision too. Very sad for the family