+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When Did You Fall Pregnant?

Basically it's what it says. We are both 24 years of age and overweight.
    We are trying to decide when to start 'trying', we don't want to give birth in June or July 2013 because there are already to many birthdays around that time of year and my parents are overseas next July for the entire month (I would really like them around for the support).
    We are nearing the time in our lives when we would like to start 'trying' but with those things in mind we don't know when to start and how long it will take. Knowing our luck we will start trying now and fall straight away.

How long did it take you to fall pregnant?

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

First time 9 months (naturally) at 27, tried for 4 years with no success so IVF. Now 20 weeks pregnant with #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH and I were both 21 when we conceived DS1 and 23/24 when we conceived DS2. We fell first cycle both times. I was 'technically' overweight both times but only a size 14 (now a size 12). DH was very fit with DS1 and had put on a bit of chub by the time DS2 came around.

Everyone is different though and its hard to really tell how long it will take you until you actually go for it. Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 21 when I fell pregnant with DD. It took us 5 cycles to conceive, DH was (and still is) very fit, and I was/am in the higher end of the healthy weight range.

Thanks
    Reviews

i was 21 and DF was 28 when I fell pregnant, quite overweight and it took about 5months after finishing the pill to conceive. We just went without contraception and decided to see how we go. Stopped the pill in July, last period late october and according to scans fell pregs around November and had bubs late July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 29y.o healthy weight and it took us 6 months to fall preg. By that time we were so eager to fall preg that it didn't matter to us when he would be born, even at Xmas time. You will be so overjoyed that the due date will be unimportant, well that's how we felt anyway. Personally I feel like a healthy pregnancy is a huge blessing and more important than dates.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I started at 22, tried for a year but it was 18months before we got fertility help. I'm over weight but luckily my fertility was fine it was my husbands swimmers but now 2.5 yrs I'm 25 and 10 weeks pregnant so it can take awhile!

Thanks
    Reviews

We got pregnant first month of trying at age 27. I was v healthy and a good weight. I would suggest dropping some weight to increase your chances of getting pregnant quicker. Good luck!

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: When Did You Fall Pregnant?

We werent actively trying , more just "not protecting". Im 24, DH 32. We got pregnant withing 6 weeks of "not using protection". Its different for everyone

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: When Did You Fall Pregnant?

Forgot to add, we are both of normal health. Not overly fit like gym junkies, just ate healthy and regular exercise.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub