Closed Thread
Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Injections Support Thread #2

Thanks becca, pleased to hear yours is going better. As for back to back, i guess that's one of the benefits of going private, you get a bit more say in what happens? you're really lucky that it doesn't cost you anything.

I had two follicles around 14/15mm a week and a half ago but the other day seemed to only be 1 maybe 16mm but it was hard to tell cause it was squashed. I'm just not sure what's gone wrong. Will see this afternoon where we're at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very, very true Greenfairy. We have saved alot of money doing it this way, and I should be very thankful for that. I think we need to step things up next year though. I have the long awaited appointment with my Dr on Tuesday so as well as discussing the HSG results, I want to chat to him about if he thinks we'd benefit from moving over to private, and when we should start considering IVF. I know it's only been 3 cycles of injections/IUI but if my HSG results show any indication of possible further problems, maybe it is time to move on. I don't know, I just want to have a baby already!
    Let us know how you go with your scans later Greenfairy. I really hope you can trigger soon. I'm back in again tomorrow morning for my next lot of scans. I was so excited after the first ones, with things moving along faster than ever before but I'm a little discouraged now that things have slowed a little. Not much we can do though

Do you girls usually bruise from the injections? I've not had bruising before but but this time, my tummy is really tender with a bruise from one of the injections.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Injections Support Thread #2

Still nothing. 1 x 14mm follicle on one side. Back for another scan Monday. Staying on 100 units.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Becca, you guys don't have to pay with your private cover? I'm paying a fortune for private but I don't think IUI is covered?? Who are u with if you don't mind me asking?

Also I haven't had any bruising (not yet anyhow) but I did manage to nick my skin the first time, one of the reasons hubbie does most of them now, it stings like all hell when u get nicked.

I'm back on the injections tomorrow and my dose has been upped from 33 to 50 on the puregon, so maybe Ill bruise then, hopefully not. Im pretty Interested in seeing how crazy I become this month.. last time was nOT so cool.. at least the meltdowns were fairly well concealed at work but I told my boss 'fertility drugs' so he's prepared for any mood swings now...Awkward!!
    Hope it goes well baby dust and big hugs to you too greenfairy for Monday.
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cherry, I don't even have private health cover.. All the treatment we've had to date is through the public system, it's all been covered by Medicare. Well all except the sperm washes/sperm tests. The huge plus is we haven't had to pay anything. A bit of a downfall is that our Dr is not in the clinic often so we don't get the chance to actually speak with him all that much. Plus, I'm supposed to do one cycle on, one cycle off. They let me do one back to back round but then made me have last cycle off. Another downfall is that they don't do IVF there so if we do get to the IVF stage, we will need to change clinics. I can't say better things about the nurses there, they do all my scans and bloods - they're all such nice people, I love it there. I have my GP to thank for us using the public system.. She gave me the option when she was first doing my referral. I would have had no idea it was even an option otherwise.

Ohhh I tried not to tell my boss too much for ages but one morning after a scan, I broke down and cried and cried. I went to work and my boss called her into her office because she could see I'd been crying. She asked me what was wrong, I told her nothing, I'm just tired and emotional and she came straight out and said "You're going through the whole IVF thing right?" I told her not quite, IUI but was on the injections etc.. Turns out she went through IVF to have her son so she's been heaps supportive about it all. Do many of your family/friends know what you guys are going through Cherry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow I didn't even know public was an option with IUI, thats pretty cool but too late for us now. What a great doctor to have told you about it even if they do make you go off and on monthly though, still heaps cheaper Im prayin we dont need to go the IVF route, it sounds pretty daunting but then again I guess I thought IUI would be a bit full-on too with all the stabbing! but its not been so bad.

It would be a lot easier if my boss was a woman as he's a fairly uptight english guy who Im pretty sure has issues hearing too much about my personal stuff but he took it pretty well and I realised after talking to my psychologist today that I really couldnt take the chance of me losing my nana at work and there being a 'batsh*t crazy' chick not being easily understood - I work with about 95% guys so figured I better give him some perspective on any impending cray cray.. ;D

Ive told a few of our friends just that we are taking fertility drugs, some of them are doctors so I didnt feel like I had anything to be bashful about with them although I feel strange telling all our friends. Sadly we dont have any couples here that are even married, one lot is getting married in a month so maybe we'll know some folks that will be a bit closer to us in the near future. I have one girlfriend that I have kept in the loop, more so than others and she's been so supportive when I had my wobbles earlier in the week, thank god for her really and keeping me grounded. Our clinic offer free support services so it might be something Ill look into if it gets tougher in the next few months, its just a small part of life's little hurdles I guess....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

i also go to a private clinic but the dr only bulk bills me. at the moment i am only doing OI, all i have to pay for is the injections, scans and visits he bulk bills. Which is great.

i had my first scan this morning for this cycle, its too early to tell but there is a few little ones on both ovaries. my left ovary doesnt really perform much, however the biggest follicle on the right hand side measured 0.63cm, my lining is still thin - 3mm, but i am still bleeding! So he has upped the dose for me to 200IU, next scan is on Wednesday. i hope we dont over do it LOL

in saying all this i am exciting that i am back in the game

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my 3rd scan yesterday, two dominant follicles around 15 and 16. Nurse had to call the dr on call later in the day but gave me a trigger to take home. She called me a few hours later and advised one more Gonal f at 75units then the trigger the following day. So I've just had my trigger about an hour ago and we're in tomorrow for IUI.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Injections Support Thread #2

Good luck Becca. Thinking of you.