Closed Thread
Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just checking in hope your all going well. And those in the 2WW hope its going fast.

Mrs Hopeful - I'm actually really happy with way have responded to puregon so is FS he actually mentioned it today although I'm wondering why he didn't put me on it straight away rather than go with the Clomid. Oh i know the conversations you hear and things you see regarding this TTC journey that just become second nature to you. "jack off" comment hilarious i think if you can laugh about it that is great coz otherwise you would go nuts. How are you travelling? Good luck in testing I know what you mean about having no faith in the cycles i tend to feel the same I'm concerntrating on IVF too have all the numbers now and after this cycle have possibly one more then onto IVF so will probably be doing around the same time as you I find that it is giving me hope that moving on to a new avenue will get results. We need to catch these elusive eggs.Aghhhh to Medicare I never knew that they know how many day your cycles are. I can't claim with medicare my scans and appointments and it $220 ago for consults and scans bloods are covered by medicare but nothing else.I have only just reach our limit so its getting discounted now but guess what it resets in Jan so what a waste im so fustrated. Why can't people tell us this.

Heyside - Glad to be able to support you and yes def stay strong stand your ground and let them know that they suck at communicating I agree its a horrible rollercoaster journey and expensive we are paying for a service and deserve attention I feel like they assume we know what they are talking about when we don't and they seem to forget who you are I feel like we are just a number giving them $$$$ so that they can go buy their boat and live their doctor high life there is no real interaction or compassion and it seem that they can't even get information right im a little P***ed OFF today as my FS said to go get trigger shot gave me the script then called this afternoon at 3pm after I had been trying all day to get my BT results well his message was oh you don't need the trigger shot your LH level 34 so your ovulating go ahead good luck and hoping for a positive result. I was like well thanks ive just spent $99 on the shot now I can't use it. I always bring DH to the clinic with me and its werid but when I do its so different is all taken more seriously but if I go by myself seem I just get fobbed off. Stay strong and def let them know your not happy and if they don't change then move onto a different clinic. Just read that ugly AF arrived *HUGS* It's so hard to time it and going off what the FS say I've been of an 8 - 6 month journey of this and DH and I decided we are going to just do what we think is right coz these FS dont seem to invest in time or actually track the ovulate or seem to miss it. I recommend buying some OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kits) off internet and to take your Temps not sure if you do that already but it will help pinpoint ovulation more and make you feel more in control. I'll send you a PM with some more info on what i've been doing and I feel a lot more positive and closer to get the BFP

rj85 - Thank you Yes so happy I had scan today and FS was so happy with himself I think he is like oh there is one follicle and its ready to go my DH who was with me at appt goes oh only one and at the sametime FS and I go YES we only want one it was too funny. Good luck with your BT have my fingers crossed for you.

Ladydee - Thanks yes scan good news and today had 2nd scan was suppossed to trigger when and bought it then called in this afternoon for BT results to be told that i'm ovulating on my own ugghhhhh $99 later and can't use it not happy. oh well at least on a Positive im ovulating so time to get BD

AFM - Today was CD 18 scan after 7 days of Puregon and thought I would have to trigger but apparently bloods show that I'm ovulating on my own and was told to go ahead and do what we need to do with TI as I have one dominant follicle at 20mm looking so promising DH and I decided to do our own Home Turkey basting system much like an IUI we didnt want to pay for it again after last one failed at $900 ago now for the next 3 days of it and then onto the 2WW funny part is if we manage to actually get UTD the due date would be on my bday next year. Trying to keep positive but it will happen when its meant to happen and now I know I can ovulate myself and I'm on track means that moving onto IVF in the New Year if I have to will be much better so there is light at the end of the tunnel just a matter of keeping in a positive state of mind. Some days its so hard and fustrating this whole TTC thing is no where as hard as I thought it would be but ill put that back to my age. Just wanted to say a BIG "THANK YOU" to all you lovely ladies for all your support too it means a lot I don't have many people to talk to this about its nice to know that we can all be here to support each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Twinkley - Thanks again for the support, think you summarised a few things that I am feeling in your reply there, its funny how much knowledge we need to have to feel in-control of this whole thing, I know a lot more about fertility than I ever dreamed I would lol! I can understand you being annoyed at your FS for telling you to go ahead and buy your trigger shot and then telling you were ovulating anyway, did you let him know you had already bought it? Obviously we all have money to burn (if only). That is at least one good thing at my clinic - the nurses give you the trigger shot at the clinic to take home and if you decide not to use it you are able to return it without charge. That's awful that you feel you get a different service when DH is with you, I will have to see if we see any difference when we go together, last time I felt very rushed as if they had no time for me, on any other scan day it wouldn't have bothered me but it was my final scan and I was due to trigger so had lots of questions. Unfortunately DH can't come with me to ever appointment so we will see what happens. I am afraid I have a history for high levels of LH so OPK's don't work for me, they tell me I am ovulating every time and it's hard for me to temp reliably as I get up so often with DD, thanks for the advice though hun x. Good luck with the rest of this cycle, now you know you are ovulating I hope the turkey basting system and bd works and you catch that follie, hope you mange to stay sane in the tww too.

AFM - I rang for my bt results this morning and I have high oestrogen levels so have had to re-test this morning, really hoping the levels have dropped over night as they won't start a new cycle with them that high. Presume that will mean I will have to wait until the new year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside- I'm so sorry hun. Have you had problems with your oestrogen remaining high on other cycles? What do you usually have to do? I hope it comes down and you don't have to wait to start this next cycle. It's so frustrating when all you want to do is get going again and you can't because of things completely out of your control. Sending you hugs hun .

Twinkley- Yay for ovulating on your own!! Though it's very frustrating to have picked up the trigger and now not need it. I laughed with your DH comment about only 1, how many did he want?! It's good you have had such a good response from injectables, Hopefully this will be your month for a BFP!

Mrs Hopeful- Hope its all going well for you, do you have to have any bt on the way through or just a final one at the end? Do you POAS before then?? Hope the TWW is not driving you too crazy.

Ladydee- I can't imagine how my DH would react if he had to deliver a baby at home, he would probably completely freak out! Hope everything is going nicely this TWW, have you felt like you've had any symptoms this round, what day are you up to now?? I don't POAS before my bloods cos I think I may get a false positive from the HCG booster injections I take in the tww, my last one was only on Tues and I don't want to get my hopes up. When do you start testing?

AFM- Only one more day til my final bt, and I'm 16dp trigger so about 14-15dpo. No sign of AFM though I have had a bit of cramping so maybe she's on the way, but last time I didn't get AF til about 2 days after my BT. ANyway after that I have a month on the pill to prepare for IVF, I'm kind of feel like I'm finally getting somewhere with moving on to the next thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    rj85 - I have my fingers and toes crossed for you hun , really hoping this is your month and we be looking out to the results from your blood tests, will you be able to get the results on the same day?

I haven't had issues with my oestrogen before but they think its because I had so much going on last month with the 4 follies.

Ok ladies I have been given a choice and I need your help and guidance, my fn is keeping a very close eye on my cycle this time around and I will be going in for a day 8 scan to see what is going on, I have been told I can start a new cycle if that's what I decide and they will assess everything closely at each scan and hopefully my high oestrogen at the beginning wont effect anything. However my FS is very very surprised apparently that I am not pregnant with everything that went on last cycle so he has given me the option of further testing including an ultrasound and hycosy to check my tubes. Thing is am unsure if I want to that this cycle or try once more with injections first? Has anyone had these tests done and can tell me more about them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean hysteroscopy or hysterosalpingogram? I had a baseline uss and hysterosalpingogram before I started. The uss was simple internal and external us not much different to monitoring scans. The hysterosalpingogram was screening for tube blockages. When they inject the dye it feels like really bad period pain and you have to stay still while they image. My fs offered me a laparoscopy before going to ivf to check for endometriosis but said he didn't think it would necessarily find anything so I declined. I think the hysteroscopy only looks inside the uterus i spose they get more detail than on an uss. Did they offer both or just one?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heyside - I also still had a high Oest result after one of my cycles, I think it was my first one which got cancelled after I had 4 small follies which wouldn't grow. No idea what that was about but my following cycle was normal enough. I didn't reach trigger stage though, just cancelled then moved onto Provera to bring on AF. I have had a hycosy scan but it was ages ago just before I started 6months of clomid and when I was just diagnosed with PCOS. You wouldn't have to waste a cycle because of it though would you? If you're ok with the fee if it (around $250/$300 I think??) Id say go ahead with it if you've never had one?? The nurses and doctor who did mine told me while I was getting it done that it increases the chances of getting UTD as it opens and flushes your Fallopian tubes ready for sperm and egg to make their way through easier. Did you have a natural or c-section birth? The Hycosy is slightly uncomfortable but very do-able. A bit like one mild/moderate contraction. They lay you on this xray table thing with a screen attached and use a speculum to well...open you up then a tubing goes in and once they get up high into your uterus, they insert this dye which shows up onto the X-ray screen and fills up both of your Fallopian tubes, hopefully showing them to be nice and clear, free of any blockages or endometriosis. I could see the screen with the dye in my tubes too. They told me the results right there and then while they were doing it. Apart from the uncomfortable slight ache/pain from it, the worst thing was laying on the table completely spread eagled in front of a room full of people BUT that was before all of my internal ultrasounds from clomid/FSH injections started and the whole 5 hours of labor and subsequent c-section so I think that was a bigger deal to me then than what it would probably be if I had one done these days....and I've now survived 5 hours of labor on that syntocinon induction drip so I'm sure I'd think the pain was a walk in the park now too. But yeah, the X-ray people told me that lots of people got UTD straight after getting one if those scans done. I'm actually thinking of asking for another one before starting IVF though, I guess IVF bypasses the tubes doesn't it?

Rj85 - ah, that's right. I remember about your HCG injections now. Well, I wish you all the luck in the world for your bt. I'll be chanting "BFP, BFP, BFP" until you get to come on here and confirm it for us all xx

AFM - I'm 8dpo today I think? Bt booked for Friday the 6th. A few little cramps, on and off slightly achey boobs along the outsides, still nauseous most days from the Metformin (nearly had to sh#t in the bushes yesterday during a walk but, that's another story. Lol ).....nothing I haven't felt during previous cycles really....
    Last edited by Ladydee; 29-11-2013 at 16:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside - sorry to hear AF arrived I haven't had a hycosy before so can't comment on what's involved or pros and cons. I guess once you have all the information about the procedure think about if you want to go through an injection cycle (fingers crossed for BFP! But if not..) then have to do a hycosy anyway? Or have a hycosy now? I'm not sure whether cost is a factor for you or not but it's something to consider as well. It's a tough decision to make! We'll all be here to support you whichever path you choose.

AFM - I am on day 8 of injections. Nurses increased dose of puregon to 225IU, started taking orgalutran yesterday as well and back for ultrasound and bloods on Monday.
    Has anyone else had really bad headaches on puregon??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys sorry but its another BFN. I didn't feel good about this one given I had one massive follie (27mm) and I thought probably overripe. So ELM13 I'll be joining you on the IVF soon- do you have a IVF group?? I had a chat to my FN who said to go onto the pill on day 1 of my cycle and give them a call so they can arrange my D21 appointment to start me on synarel nasal spray. I don't feel as dissapointed about this one as the last because at least I feel like now I can concentrate on moving forward to IVF which hopefully will give us our BFP. Now Ladydee, Mrs Hopeful, Twinkley or ELM13- one of you has to have a BFP this cycle surely, we need some happy news on this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ELM13: Good luck with your cycle. I didn't have any affects at all from the puregon, but was only on 75iu so may not have been enough to get any side effects.

Twinkley: Yay for O'ing now just gotta catch that egg! Good luck!

Heyside: Boo to af I have had the hysterosalpingogram (which is using xray whereas the HyCoSy uses ultrasound but both are doing pretty much the same thing) and was similar to what Ladydee described, although the pain i felt when they injected the dye was intense, only lasting 20-30 seconds tho but exactly like a strong contraction. Once it was done i was a bit crampy for the afternoon. And yes i was told that it is common to conceive in the month or 2 after the procedure. Especially if there is some debris that gets flushed out the tubes are super clear for the next egg to travel down

rj85: Boo another bfn sorry to hear that. But i agree with you in feeling like you're moving forward, IVF has so much better odds and it will be a step closer to a bfp. Will you get an IVF cycle in b4 xmas? or will it be in Jan?

AFM: Well sorted out my medicare stuff so will be able to get my rebate back in a couple of weeks thankfully.
    I think i am about 9dpo, I usually do poas but i only have 1 left so saving it lol. But im certain it will be a bfn anyway. Still have really sore boobs but that can be pretty normal. Sucky thing is that im going away on a girls weekend next weekend when af is due so will be super depressing weekend with af and a bfn.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (30-11-2013),rj85  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rj85 - I'm sorry to hear about bfn I'm on the IVF under 30 thread. I think there are a few people waiting to start IVF in the new year on the thread.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

rj85  (01-12-2013)